BEHRINGER

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

User avatar
JoeTheStache
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by JoeTheStache » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:12 pm

I have the following Behringers:
Echo Machine
Reverb Machine
EQ (yellow one)
the 400 version of the Acoustic Modeler

My biggest complaint on behringer circuits is that if the signal is too hot, they won't turn on. So, the pedal before them matters a lot.
Other than that, I love all the behringer pedals i have, though the EQ is def not as good as the danelectro fish n chips.

FireAlarmPoet
Posts: 6697
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:20 pm

JoeTheStache wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:12 pm
My biggest complaint on behringer circuits is that if the signal is too hot, they won't turn on.
:!: All this time I thought I was doing something wrong, now I know it's nothing just me

User avatar
Misomusist
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by Misomusist » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:35 am

I thought it was just the Power LED is also a peak light? So it's on, but the LED is backwards?
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

Image

FireAlarmPoet
Posts: 6697
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 pm

That could very well be the reason too. all I know is anytime I try to put it in an fx Loop, it shuts off after increasing FX control or volume too much, so I'm inclined to believe Joe's Theory more.

User avatar
Misomusist
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by Misomusist » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:09 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 pm
That could very well be the reason too. all I know is anytime I try to put it in an fx Loop, it shuts off after increasing FX control or volume too much, so I'm inclined to believe Joe's Theory more.
Does it still pass sound?
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

Image

Online
User avatar
crochambeau
Posts: 2800
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: earth.
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by crochambeau » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 am

Misomusist wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:09 am
FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 pm
That could very well be the reason too. all I know is anytime I try to put it in an fx Loop, it shuts off after increasing FX control or volume too much, so I'm inclined to believe Joe's Theory more.
Does it still pass sound?
I too am curious about which circuits exhibit this behavior; and if the unit passes any signal (just a losing its shit signal), reverts to dry signal, or other.
Misomusist wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:35 am
I thought it was just the Power LED is also a peak light? So it's on, but the LED is backwards?
Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to a power indicator on a mains operated device, or the effect engaged indicator on a bypass-able effect? In either circumstance I find the design decision an odd one, but hey - it's nice to know what passes as normal or acceptable.

FireAlarmPoet
Posts: 6697
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:33 pm

I think it passes a dry signal? I haven't used it in a while, if I get a free moment I'll do a formal experiment.

User avatar
Misomusist
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by Misomusist » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:35 pm

I'm curious too, my delay acts weird in a chain, but still seems to work-ish :chin:
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

Image

User avatar
JoeTheStache
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by JoeTheStache » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 am

i can't remember if they pass signal or not. I wanna say they don't. And yeah, it's only after certain pedals/synths, so i'm assuming the signal is too hot. Not sure if it happens w/ my EQ, but def happens w/ the other 3 i have.

Online
User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2377
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by jliat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am

The FX600 Digital Multi-FX - at the end of a chain the blue effect light reverses, i.e. when on it will pass a dry signal, when
off it will effect the signal- depending on the input level I suppose, as it will also flash on and off at times unpredictably.

Online
User avatar
crochambeau
Posts: 2800
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: earth.
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by crochambeau » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 am
The FX600 Digital Multi-FX - at the end of a chain the blue effect light reverses, i.e. when on it will pass a dry signal, when
off it will effect the signal- depending on the input level I suppose, as it will also flash on and off at times unpredictably.
I guess that's a feature?

I wonder if poor decoupling from the power rails is tickling the FET switching stage into signal referenced bypass mode. It could also be a protection circuit, those DSP chips do not like high level signals on input (overshooting the 3 volt or future 1.6 volt digital rails may result in damage)

User avatar
Bipolar Fucking Joe
Posts: 5215
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 am

Behringer products are so good, you can't even tell if they're working or not. Perfect for when you're looking for that transparent sound.

User avatar
joshenjammer
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:39 pm
Location: Athens, GA
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by joshenjammer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

I have a Behringer EM600 Echo Machine Delay which is excellent, mainly because it's a clone/ripoff of a space echo.

s.p.i.n.
Posts: 1414
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 am
Location: Left of Tampa
Contact:

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by s.p.i.n. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:57 am

joshenjammer wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm
I have a Behringer EM600 Echo Machine Delay which is excellent, mainly because it's a clone/ripoff of a space echo.
Actually it's a clone of the Line 6 Echo Park.

User avatar
melkobukva
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by melkobukva » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 pm

VD400 Vintage Delay is one of the cheapest and most fun pieces of gear I've ever bought.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crochambeau and 5 guests