BEHRINGER

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

moch

Re: BEHRINGER

Post by moch » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 pm

I just scored a vd400 vintage delay for 20 dollars. works nice witht he digital delay dd400.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Does anyone notice any problems with the VD400? Does it cut out at the end of a pedal chain?
Last edited by s.p.i.n. on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

moch

Post by moch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 am

It needs to have a pedal attack to it to the right for it to work.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 am

s.p.i.n. wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Does anyone notice any problems with the VD400? Does it cut out at the end of a pedal chain?
Are you using batteries? In my experience all Behringer pedals with digital fx like delay/echo/pitch etc only work at all reliably off a 9v power supply despite the fact that they allegedly take batteries.

TerminallyBlue

Post by TerminallyBlue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 pm

s.p.i.n. wrote:
I never had a problem with it yet, but I only used it with two other pedals and with a 9v power supply. So, not sure if my post is at all helpful, but just in case... :)

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Fri May 18, 2018 6:10 am

Got to say I'm curious about this new one they are coming out with.

Run stereo mains, monitor and sub from one amp?

I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

melkobukva

Post by melkobukva » Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 am

TerminallyBlue wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 pm
s.p.i.n. wrote:
I never had a problem with it yet, but I only used it with two other pedals and with a 9v power supply. So, not sure if my post is at all helpful, but just in case... :)
Never had issues with my VD400, and I use a battery.

crochambeau

Post by crochambeau » Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 am

Misomusist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:10 am
Got to say I'm curious about this new one they are coming out with.

Run stereo mains, monitor and sub from one amp?

Oh man, I'm such a fan of keeping power supplies between the amplifiers as separate as possible the notion of an all in one "TV & VCR" utility amplifier makes my skin crawl.

Mind you, it would make my skin crawl no matter who made it. :mrgreen:

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Fri May 18, 2018 11:13 am

Yeah, Class D can make you nervous:

So how does it work?
It switches the mains power on and off to your speakers really fast in time to the music :mrgreen:

Working with Tektronix early switch mode supplies has made me not care about anything else, they could have gerbils in there wearing Beats and jumping up and down on a piece of foil switch, OK, long as it doesn't hurt to lift :wink:
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA » Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

Gimme the MTBF rate after it has been in the field in the hands of customers, for a year or so then let's talk.
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 pm

MKULTRA wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

Gimme the MTBF rate after it has been in the field in the hands of customers, for a year or so then let's talk.
Why on earth would I want to talk?

MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA » Mon May 21, 2018 6:51 am

Hype doesn’t equate to results and reliability is everything.
Let's have a chat after you have had the unit for a year.
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 21, 2018 11:40 am

my Crown PowerAmps are still functional after decades of Chicago club scene service
doubtful that beringer would make it year or even few months of being pushed every day
yet that brand isn't really held in the highest regard for longevity/durability/reliability
maybe they are "supposedly" getting better
yet personally don't ever want any more of their shit
way more logical spending few more $ on something proven & trustworthy
BEHRINGER iNUKE NU4-6000
Delivers 4 x 1600 Watts into 2 Ohms, 2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms and weighs less than 12 lbs / 5.5 kg
Ultimate reliability through revolutionary cool-running High-Density Class-D technology with "near-zero" thermal buildup
Ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
"Zero-Attack" limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
Built-in stereo crossover with low-cut, high-cut and full range mode
Detented and illuminated gain controls for precise level setting
Precise 4-segment Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance

XLR and 1/4'' TRS combination input connectors for compatibility with any source
Professional twist-lock speaker connectors for ultimate reliability
Independent DC, LF and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier
and speakers without shutting down the show
“Back-to-front” ventilation system prevents thermal buildup for reliable operation

Let's looks at some field testing reviews

BEHRINGER iNUKE NU4-6000

1.0 out of 5 starsNeed help returning this amp!
ByAmazon Customeron May 10, 2017
This product worked fine for 4 weeks then stopped. I'm trying to find out how to return it or replace it with no luck. Says it had to be returned by May 5.

5.0 out of 5 starsExcellent.
ByD. L. Keuron November 16, 2016
Verified Purchase
Excellent product. The first one burnt out a channel a month after we got it, but Amazon quickly sent us a replacement. The second unit is going strong. We like this because it powers our speakers in stereo. It is very, very quiet, and runs cool.

0 out of 5 starsPower Supply died after a few uses.
ByCesar Miguel Buaon January 5, 2018
Verified Purchase
After a few uses, the amp died. Problem was power supply board. Doing some research on the web found that is a very common problem within iNuke series. I have other Behringer products, mostly sound processing, that run flawlessly. I don't recommend this iNuke amp series.

Garbage, don't go cheap.
ByNick Ryanon July 4, 2017
Verified Purchase
I ran this on 2 channels at 1/4 power for a couple months, but when I actually used it for its intended purpose (4 monitor wedges) it died after an hour of moderate use. I had high pass filters above 120hz, each speaker was 8ohm,none of the channels clipped, but the amp did its "red ring shutoff" after the first band. Don't waste time and money, go with bottom-line qsc or crown.

1.0 out of 5 starsDon't expect it to last.
ByJasonon January 9, 2018
Verified Purchase
Worked great for 9 months. Now it's toast. I should've bought a Crown or QSC amp I guess...

it worked fine until the 3rd test
ByKJon August 2, 2017
Verified Purchase
This was purchased as brand new, I only had the chance to hook it up to a passive sub for testing, it worked fine until the 3rd test, the cooling fans would turn off immediately when powered up and the controls would turn from yellow to red at the same time. Tried several times to do a reset but it never would reset. I contacted Behringer tech support and received a case number indicating the problem is internal; (Really!! on a brand new piece of equipment). This product did have several great reviews which influenced my decision to purchased it, in addition, I have had several other Behringer products in the past and was pleased with them. So I would warn you about this product and my experience with the NU4-6000; buyer beware.

False Power Claims
BySteven T.on August 17, 2017
Verified Purchase
The NU4-6000 (440 watts/ch into 8-ohms) is no more powerful or louder than my 110w/ch Pioneer HT receiver. In order to get it to play as loud as my Pioneer, I had to dial up the volume to it's maximum setting, which should have blown my 175 watt 8-ohm speakers and 250 watt 6-ohm speakers, if the NU4's power rating was true. (Using 12 gauge wires) I'm pretty sure the power rating is BS.

Dialed up half way, which should be about 220 watts/ch, the NU4 didn't have much power and sounded soft. My 20 watt/ch 4 inch computer speakers are louder than that. I'm beginning to think the NU4's were meant to be played at maximum levels with the gain or volume turned all the way up. That seems to be the only way you are going to hit the red lights on the level meter, or even the 3rd yellow light.

In "LIVE SOUND" you can't "afford" owning/showing up with untrustworthy "junk" on paying "Gig"

Wow NU4-6000 is a "Behringer"
Buy at own risk and don't expect it being trustworthy
hey it looks like real gear :P

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Behringer pedals are one thing...
if they crap out then no biggie buy other one cheap
or pay some more for the real version pedal
yet would never trust Behringer for mains Power Amps
especially when getting paid for providing sound reinforcement at live events
other people are counting on you not being amateur cheap ass idiot noob
comprehend my point?

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm
yet would never trust Behringer for mains Power Amps
Agreed.. I bought one because of a friend and it was cheap but it blew one channel immediately with light use.. got it repaired and the other channel died.. now it sits in storage until I have to dump it somewhere. Never again.