Making noise with no money?

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

fire

Re: Making noise with no money?

Post by fire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 am

uh, not sure if that even records, looks like its the size of a cassette and the panels are just drawn on, doubt they put in rec function

but there are a couple on that page advertised that will record, i like the retro style desk recorder that looks like it comes with a shitty mic

edit: it does say it records, and all the buttons are there, so maybe it does work, carry on

edit: edit: shits got sw too! i have clearly been mistaken
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am

I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

fire

Post by fire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:37 pm

breakfast bong hit got me by the brain banana

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm

As one who dissappointingly bought a non-recording cassette player in the 80's and had to return it. Ain't making that mistake twice :mrgreen:
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

fire

Post by fire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:46 pm

my first walkman was one of the finest machines ever made, i used it up, i fixed it and used it up some more, first tape i played in it was thriller, got it the day it came out, wore that fucking tape out too

my dad paid $180 for it, back in the '80s!

Sony WM-D6C Walkman Pro
Price: £140 – £195

Sony’s Professional Walkman is one of the most desirable tape recorders ever made. Not only because its build quality is so high or that there are so many features squeezed into its compact form, but ultimately because it sounds so good. There aren’t many cassette decks that inspire enthusiasts to wax lyrical about sound but this is one of them, possibly the only one that isn’t a Nakamichi. Used by professionals to portable replace reel to reel recorder in the Eighties it retains a cult following but, thankfully, has not featured in any sci-fi movies to date.

bluebrains

Post by bluebrains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:32 am

A contact mic can be made/bought for under $10 and will open up a lot of avenues. Of course you need to plug into some sort of amp, but that can be salvaged. Contact mic into/onto a tape deck is fun. Contact mic + metal (old tin can, brass bucket, aluminum baking sheet), on top of an old noisy fridge, stomp on the floor, the possibilities are endless.

bluebrains

Post by bluebrains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:33 am

oh yeah radios are good too

or take whatever you have, plug the input into the output and see what happens

bluebrains

Post by bluebrains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:35 am

oh yeah radios are good too

or if you have an amp, plug the input into the output and see what happens

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Cheesegrater, a battery and some wire, plus a speaker, or an amp input.

I really need to try that thru an FX chain.