Dummy Cable Techniques

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

obscurisvera

Dummy Cable Techniques

Post by obscurisvera » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Today I had fun using my hand as a sound source input by touching the end of a cable with my fingers, I discovered that since my body is an electrical conductor touching objects such as my laptop running ableton weakened the electric signal, while touching push's encoders strenghtened it, I thought it could be fun to use a cable in a live set after I saw this Live Performance from Regis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiDs8zXY50I&t=461s
I would like to know if someone knows some particular technique or other kind of electric/magnetic objects to use in order to alter the electric signal
Thanks in advance

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Re: Dummy Cable Techniques

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:58 am

Gen 26 does a no-input-mixer set with a fork. Rest some cables on a fork, some for inputs and some for aux, and tweak the EQ, send amount, scratch the cables on the fork, so on. Really good.

xdugef

Re: Dummy Cable Techniques

Post by xdugef » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Aphex Twin wrote: When I was 11, I won 50 pounds in a competition for writing this program that made sound on a ZX81. You couldn't make sound on a ZX81, but I played around with machine code and found some codes that retuned the TV signal so that it made this really weird noise when you turned the volume up.