New gear?

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Sleep Of Ages

Re: New gear?

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 am

Look at Xdude, all grown up.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 08, 2017 8:38 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 am
Look at Xdude, all grown up.
:wall:

Mkrrons Kntomt

Post by Mkrrons Kntomt » Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:25 am
Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am
I just wanna know which synth is better for my style, I don't want your stupid comments.
Basically any synth will work for your style, sorry but you will get stupid comments for asking questions like this.. it's unavoidable. So you really should ignore those comments if you don't wish to spawn more of the same.

If you want a patchable analog keyboard it won't be cheap and you'll have to give up polyphony... ie ms20 or microbrute is probably going to be your best bet

If you want polyphony and some good sounds but your budget is limited to a couple hundred US dollars your best bet is going to be old and used digital keyboards. You might try browsing http://www.vintagesynth.com/
Thank you man! I will search a ms20 second hand or maybe a microbrute

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 8:50 am

Pharmakon uses a Korg MicroSampler from what I know, but she also screams a lot and puts her heart into it. Maybe you should get a heart.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

diurnalburdens

Post by diurnalburdens » Mon May 08, 2017 8:52 am

Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 am
I love the sound of ms20 but it's too expensive for me.
What's your budget?
You can pick up an MS-20 mini for about £300 or so on eBay.
Do you want an analog mono synth?
You could probably sell your volca and put the money towards a decent analog mono synth.
For a cheap all rounder, look at microkorg or mininova. Lots of menu diving, but if you learn the fuck out of it, you'll be set.

Mopho desktop would be my recommendation. Seriously harsh tones and subs to be had, if you can get used to the interface. You can pick them up pretty cheap.

I wouldn't bother with a drum machine. Your sound doesn't need it. But if you insist, look at the Boss Dr-55. Check out some early Stefan Jaworzyn stuff for great use of this thing.

https://youtu.be/RHv9zXqkNPs

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

The microbrute should be $349 retail whereas the ms20 mini is $449.. I'm not sure what they go for used but it's probably not going to be alot less because they are fairly new but you might as well look. I have the ms20 but I don't really like the form factor and when playing live it's fucking impossible to read the labels on the controls. I'm not sure if the microbrute is as capable as the ms20.. there is of course the minibrute ($399) which has more features.

Here's a comparison of used cheap keyboards..

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2009/ ... dont-suck/

On ebay right off the top is a microbrute for $215 but I don't know if they'll ship to your country
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/analog-synthesizer?rmvSB=true

There's also the Korg monologue $299
Alesis Micron $299
Korg Microkorg $279
Vintage Roland SA-09 Saturn 09 $199
ROLAND JX-305 $199
Korg Poly-61 $300

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Lots of similar sounding artists use drum machines, but you know what they do? They EXPERIMENT with the gear, so in the end the drum machines sound like dark and mysterious farting soundscapes and other stuff.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 am

OR you can make a shopping list of tried and true stuff. Noice
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Mkrrons Kntomt

Post by Mkrrons Kntomt » Mon May 08, 2017 9:08 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am
Lots of similar sounding artists use drum machines, but you know what they do? They EXPERIMENT with the gear, so in the end the drum machines sound like dark and mysterious farting soundscapes and other stuff.
No problem about that, I don't use any drum machine in my songs. When I want a "beat" I just hit the table and I put it distortion

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 08, 2017 9:10 am

Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 9:08 am
Sleep Of Ages wrote:
No problem about that, I don't use any drum machine in my songs. When I want a "beat" I just hit the table and I put it distortion
One of the other performers I played with this past weekend was intermittently making sounds by moving the chair he was sitting in.. the first couple of times I wasn't sure if he was doing it intentionally or not

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 9:17 am

Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Yeah, that's the thing, you seem to be doing fine as you are. I mean, your sounds are ok and in that "style" you mentioned (more industrial noise with ambient/drone/PE touches. Everyone is getting a microbrute these days, you can achieve synth tones in a variety of ways that are not only the easy way. The synths that Xdude listed are all cool and dandy, I got myself an Akai MiniAK (it's a rebrand of the Alesis Micron), but what do you want really? Do you like arpeggios? Bassy synths? Squeals? Do you want something structured? "Played"? Chaos?
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Mkrrons Kntomt

Post by Mkrrons Kntomt » Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 9:17 am
Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Yeah, that's the thing, you seem to be doing fine as you are. I mean, your sounds are ok and in that "style" you mentioned (more industrial noise with ambient/drone/PE touches. Everyone is getting a microbrute these days, you can achieve synth tones in a variety of ways that are not only the easy way. The synths that Xdude listed are all cool and dandy, I got myself an Akai MiniAK (it's a rebrand of the Alesis Micron), but what do you want really? Do you like arpeggios? Bassy synths? Squeals? Do you want something structured? "Played"? Chaos?
Well I want an analogue synth, and I love the bass sounds making drone. I'm in love with my volca keys but I think I need more, like a ms20. But in my country a new ms20 mini is about 650 euros (700 dolars) and I don't have enough money.

Mkrrons Kntomt

Post by Mkrrons Kntomt » Mon May 08, 2017 11:16 am

xdugef wrote:
Mkrrons Kntomt wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

The microbrute should be $349 retail whereas the ms20 mini is $449.. I'm not sure what they go for used but it's probably not going to be alot less because they are fairly new but you might as well look. I have the ms20 but I don't really like the form factor and when playing live it's fucking impossible to read the labels on the controls. I'm not sure if the microbrute is as capable as the ms20.. there is of course the minibrute ($399) which has more features.

Here's a comparison of used cheap keyboards..

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2009/ ... dont-suck/

On ebay right off the top is a microbrute for $215 but I don't know if they'll ship to your country
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/analog-synthesizer?rmvSB=true

There's also the Korg monologue $299
Alesis Micron $299
Korg Microkorg $279
Vintage Roland SA-09 Saturn 09 $199
ROLAND JX-305 $199
Korg Poly-61 $300
Thank you for the info and this cool list. I will check out reviews of this synths

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 am

Go watch Sonic Lab reviews on YouTube or something. Synth varieties (Subtractive, mono, blah blah) are all largely the same, so an additive polyphonic analog synth will sound pretty similar to any other additive polyphonic analog synth. We can't hear what you hear in your head, so go listen to demos and learn different synths.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 am

Yeah, what Bjoe said.

This "analogue" thing... You probably want to achieve sounds that aren't even done with analogue synths, just some feedback or Casio Keyboard note or Sample or a Bass or whatever processed thru a lot of pedals.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)