Microbrute

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

nontopia

Microbrute

Post by nontopia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm newish to making noise. I have a microbrute and don't know nothing (but that's 90%) the fun.
Does anyone else fuck with the brute? I try and use my swollen pickle (fuzz) on it but it doesn't seem that great to me. I have a boss/fender reverb perdal and a boss dd-3 which are fun but I wanna know if any of you guys know a good pedal to get some good noise?
I also want to save my walfare checks for a flanger/phaser pedal. where do I go or do I do what I always do and buy the coolest looking one?
soundcloud.com/nontopia

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Keep experimenting, you'll find something. First, think of what you're trying to make or express. Then, consider how you can best achieve that with what you have. How you use any equipment is what makes you an individual and hopefully unique (making art, expressing yourself, or not doing those things, making meaningless sound with no contrivances) .

And my personal experience has been a lot of dropping my behavior to perfect things and make them a certain way. I believe that you can make whatever that thing or feeling or idea is if you're honest with yourself and drop exterior concerns.

Claud601

Post by Claud601 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Lol yo it's good for droning but lacks arpeggios

moch

Re: Microbrute

Post by moch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:10 am

I use the microbrute, Its a very beautiful gritty sounding synth for the price. heres some projects i've done using the microbrute. i recommend getting the monotron synths and hooking it up to it as effect pedals.theyre really cheap and effective. exspecially the monotron delay!

https://goruo.bandcamp.com/album/neither-here-nor-there

https://disfiguredrobotchild.bandcamp.c ... -not-sorry