Live Noise Venues/Contacts in Japan

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

vox_barbara

Live Noise Venues/Contacts in Japan

Post by vox_barbara » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to be spending a week in Japan in December, my first trip there. It's a vacation with my girlfriend, but I would love to bring a small amount of gear along and perform somewhere if I can set something up in advance.

Does anyone know of live music venues in Tokyo open to live noise performances, or, better yet, have any contact information with individuals in the noise scene there they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

phylumcnidaria

Post by phylumcnidaria » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:31 pm

dont know anything frank but wish you all the best and hope you can slay over there
Last edited by phylumcnidaria on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

vox_barbara

Post by vox_barbara » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks! Yes, I'm going for a week no matter what, but since my current setup is very light and portable (an Elektron Octatrack and several effect pedals), and all the electrical inputs on my gear are universal, I figured it would be an excellent opportunity to perform some noise in Japan...I figure there must be a venue somewhere in a city of 33 million people that would have me! ;)

vox_barbara

Post by vox_barbara » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Update: I contacted a guy on the Muffwiggler (modular synth) forum who lives in Tokyo and does noise performances there; he totally hooked me up. I'm scheduled to play at The Flying Teapot Cafe (look it up on Youtube, a ton of videos of noise performances there) on Dec. 12, and he's rounding up others to perform on the bill! Will post video here afterwards if it's any good!

Ogata T3tsuo

Post by Ogata T3tsuo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:02 pm

I might tell to some japanese noise artist to go see your gig ^_^
Ganbatte!!!

vox_barbara

Post by vox_barbara » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:45 am

Thanks! :)