post dream gear

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:02 pm

cables that don't fucking break, and enough of them.

Kelmourne

Post by Kelmourne » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 pm

¼ dead wrote:cables that don't fucking break, and enough of them.
You ask too much :(

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:53 am

I know, I know...... but wouldn't that be cool?! A dream come true for sure.

softmachine

Post by softmachine » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:39 pm

i am resigned to the fact i will never..... NEVER..... get an EDP Wasp

(for something so cheap at the time, god it's super-expensive now when they pop up on eBay!)

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:54 pm

How is it that a cult synth like the Wasp not been cloned/approximated already (AFAIK)? Surely, the circuitry's not that complex, right? A simple MIDI module version would suffice for many. It's not as if builders ever cared about, like, copyright infringement (I'm not knocking that, it's just a fact), so what's to stop them?

It seems like there's a lot of kit-based/not-quite-assembly-line-built vintage gear that is not so complex it's beyond the capabilities of many builders, so it seems odd that so little of it ever gets cloned.

Now I want a Wasp clone! :wall:

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:38 pm

http://flskins.com/downloads/free-vst-d ... -nusofting

Record to tape, maybe thru a distortion pedal, and no one will know the difference.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 pm

Good idea. I actually used to have that VST, but had forgotten all about it. I used it all over a couple of terribly amateurish FL Studio electronique musique tracks from the olden dayes of myspace, before I discovered noise and gave up on trying to be a real musician.

Man, I used to spend A LOT of time on myspace... I wonder if my profile still exists on there.

EDIT: OMG, it does... not that I can even navigate the mess that site has become.

EDIT 2: I'm finding so many terrible pictures of me from high school on there...
:oops: :oops: :oops:

softmachine

Post by softmachine » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:23 am

^
:D

i see one or two Wasp clones whilst searching online, they seem to be custom jobs? (check out the x0x Wasp!)
(clones just means copies of the innards of the machine, right? Stupid question but i'm not techy and am still new!)

you can get Wasp filters of course, whihc might be the next best thng. Anyone tried any?

¼ dead

Re: post dream gear

Post by ¼ dead » Mon May 15, 2017 9:55 am

I was googling around, looking to see if there was a thread about dreams. I never found one, and have since forgotten the dream I had anyway. But I did see this thread.

Here's a piece of dream gear of the "plausible but non-existent" variety:
neapolitan complex mock-up.jpg
neapolitan complex mock-up.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 397 times
-Brown, pink and white noise generator in a single box
-Toggle-switchable circuits with three discrete outputs (one for each color section)
-A composite output connected to a crossfader that can blend across circuits, mixing the signals from brown to pink to white.

Aesthetically speaking, I thought white to pink made more sense, because that's how most Neapolitan ice cream seem to be presented. But pink to white seems to make more sense sonically.

Anyway, I think I could realistically build something like this. Ordering parts is a hassle, though. I want to save up a nice chunk of change and put in a huge order for lots of different project parts eventually. Until then, I will continue to make cheesy mock-ups in PaintShopPro for my own amusement.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am

After giving it some thought my dream gear would be a device that was free but allowed me to convincingly believe that I had any gear I wanted, could perform anywhere without having to carry any equipment and was better than any virtual reality ever experienced and gave mind melting full body orgasms.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 pm

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am
After giving it some thought my dream gear would be a device that was free but allowed me to convincingly believe that I had any gear I wanted, could perform anywhere without having to carry any equipment and was better than any virtual reality ever experienced and gave mind melting full body orgasms.
You just want free LSD.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 pm
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am
You just want free LSD.
The only two words that line up are mind melting but I wouldn't describe any trip I ever had as a full body orgasm. :shodan:

fire

Post by fire » Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 pm

modular synth on an anti-gravity flyable 379,000 watt bass cabinet with at least 13 BCOs, pantshit the whole world
[17,963] days since last fuck given

fire

Post by fire » Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 pm

*bong controlled osc
[17,963] days since last fuck given

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 15, 2017 2:27 pm

fire wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 pm
*bong controlled osc