The Smudge

post dream gear

Post by The Smudge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 am

herro prease
what yo' dream gear /noise/?
I'm THE Smudge, not A smudge.

http://archive.org/details/galactic-intolerance-records

www.thesmudge.bandcamp.com
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Xome was never the same after he started hanging out with Trent Reznor.

Claud601

Post by Claud601 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 am

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:16 am

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:00 am

Jesus, where do I begin? Are we talking about shit that does exist, but is out of my price range / format? Or things that I wish existed but didn't?

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:07 am

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:Jesus, where do I begin? Are we talking about shit that does exist, but is out of my price range / format? Or things that I wish existed but didn't?
why not both!!??

I've been dreaming of a 3U rackmixer with 12 channels, 3 bands of EQ, 4 effect sends and fits in a 5 inch deep case.. but apparently this doesn't exist!

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Well, keeping within the range of genuine possibility.

Five momentary switches, press any, get a stutter. Set the length of the stutter for each switch. A "Mode" switch that changes between pitch or a time gate effect when stuttering and the length knob is moved. Extravagance, a separate EXP input for each knob, to hook it to some CV or whatever. I made the same in PD, and really wish it existed in pedal form.

Stuff that exists, the Waldorf Blofeld and the Strymon Big Sky.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:Five momentary switches, press any, get a stutter. Set the length of the stutter for each switch. A "Mode" switch that changes between pitch or a time gate effect when stuttering and the length knob is moved. Extravagance, a separate EXP input for each knob, to hook it to some CV or whatever. I made the same in PD, and really wish it existed in pedal form.
Heh... one of the modules I listed above the Metropolis sorta does that .. for each step in the sequence you have three switches.. one that sets how long it holds on that position, another that sets the range of pitch change and the third is a mode switch.. non, gate, repeat.. but each step does not have individual triggers and you'd have to connect the output from this to a VCA to stutter an audio signal.

But I think for what you need you could probably do it with a 555 timer in one shot / monostable mode that powers a second 555 that outputs your square wave that powers an opto isolator or a vactrol to stutter the audio throughput.

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

All I want at this point are some outboard monitors for my 4 track.

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm

I did some reading last year about digital pedals, figuring I could make one myself. So far, all I've made is a bot that posts to twitter whatever song VLC is playing on my laptop in Python. I'm a fucking long way off.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:I did some reading last year about digital pedals, figuring I could make one myself. So far, all I've made is a bot that posts to twitter whatever song VLC is playing on my laptop in Python. I'm a fucking long way off.
Well what I'm describing is an analog circuit... although I suppose it would be possible to program an arduino to control the opto isolator or vactrol with a PWN output it'd cost alot more than what I'm describing in parts.

If I managed to come up with a schematic for this would you beable to breadboard it?

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:07 pm

A BNG.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote:A BNG.
BNG?

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:09 pm

xdugef wrote:
Sleep Of Ages wrote:A BNG.
BNG?
Brown Noise Generator
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:35 pm

xdugef wrote:Well what I'm describing is an analog circuit... although I suppose it would be possible to program an arduino to control the opto isolator or vactrol with a PWN output it'd cost alot more than what I'm describing in parts.

If I managed to come up with a schematic for this would you beable to breadboard it?
If I got the parts, yeah, shouldn't be much bother.