Audio Electronic Circuit Schematics

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:28 am

ablablablablabla wrote:this here works like a charm: http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Bi ... neControl/

woo
!!! super useful! thanks!

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 am

Does anyone have a layout for a frequency divider?

aho

Post by aho » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:07 am

hello! i'm new to this board.
that would be great if anyone can send me all of this?
cheers!
the raytownian wrote:I never check this fucking thread, so I'm out of the loop...

I have the Buzz Box +Meat Box PDFs directly from DOD support, so I'm positive they are accurate (if you got it from me, apewrist, then there is no concern, but I can't recall if I sent them to you).

I heard at least a couple people talking about making kits from the schematics... but... well, I've given up on that by now!

The Buzz Box PDFs came with the manual, schematic, and parts list, and (IIRC) the Meat Box PDFs came with the manual, schematic, parts list, and a board layout.

If you are missing any of this stuff, or it doesn't sound like what you have, let me know and I'll send them your way.

I also got the Gonkulator PDFs from a guy on another forum if anyone cares :lol:

Plus, the DOD support people initially had the DFX9 delay files in the Meat Box directory, so they accidentally sent me those, too (but only the schematic... no manual or parts list).

caress

Post by caress » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 pm

the raytownian wrote:[
If I were more knowledgeable of how to actually use them in designs of my own, I'd surely get some, but I'm not...

They do look pretty sweet, though...
from the datasheet, (unless i'm missing something) it looks more or less like an integrated LPF and VCA...? nothing too special, just less parts than building them discretely.

TamzakTheMighty

Post by TamzakTheMighty » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

tried to convince my dad to build some pedals and he prefers to get printer boards made (or something, electronics jargon is lost on me), any site where i could easily get what i need for some basic distortions/delays/synths or convert the shematics i have?

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:26 am

TamzakTheMighty wrote:tried to convince my dad to build some pedals and he prefers to get printer boards made (or something, electronics jargon is lost on me), any site where i could easily get what i need for some basic distortions/delays/synths or convert the shematics i have?
You mean PCB's printed circuit boards. Getting a small number of boards printed from the various services you can find online is affordable but not cheap. There are however a number of places that sell premade boards for various pedal projects and those are cheap.

xome

Post by xome » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:53 am

General Guitar Gadgets has a bunch of PCB and maybe whole kits available:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/...emart&Itemid=45

Music from Outer Space has some neat synth / noisemaker stuff:

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/cata ... ge=CATALOG

Fun!

-bob

crochambeau

Post by crochambeau » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 am

TamzakTheMighty wrote:tried to convince my dad to build some pedals and he prefers to get printer boards made (or something, electronics jargon is lost on me), any site where i could easily get what i need for some basic distortions/delays/synths or convert the shematics i have?
Search for gerber files if your dad has a line on a local manufacturer he'd like to work with.

If you're looking at etching them on your own, a PDF will do. Mind the scale though! Tons of well rounded tutorials on line.
I have no suggestion for software.
http://www.rochambeau.net/

TamzakTheMighty

Post by TamzakTheMighty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 am

yeah, it was PCB's he was on about. If i'm not mistaken he knows a shop that can do them for cheap very close to where he lives. I'll doublecheck if it's not more affordable to use breadboard (the plastic looking thingies with holes in them, right?);

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

xome

Post by xome » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Ugh.... Usually it's too pricey to get a local shop to do a small fun of a few PCBs... for small runs (say under 25..) I'd go with "pain-in-the-ass-and-time-consuming" hand etched PCBs. It's the only affordable way... unless your Dad has a discounting friend at the shop.

..... so all that said.. no point in looking for gerber files.. honestly, haven't seen too many of them out there for pedal effects / synths anyways.

-bobobob

dwemmy

Post by dwemmy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:30 am

^^Yes, if time vs labor value is not a factor.

Hand etching your PCBs sounds like a horror show to me..
Derek Baiiey R.I.P. 1930-2005
UVFICliberal secular humanist

3x3is9

Post by 3x3is9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 am

Did any of you guys have any luck building that DOD Buzzbox clone? I've been looking around and can't find any info on anyone actually pulling it off.

xome

Post by xome » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:50 am

crochambeau

Post by crochambeau » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:15 am

xome wrote:As clony as you can get:

http://www.noisefx.com/product_details/ ... tt1_kk0012

-bob
Schematic?
I have no suggestion for software.
http://www.rochambeau.net/

xome

Post by xome » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 am