Fixing up a reverb tank

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:21 pm

FireAlarmPoet wrote:I doubt that's what you implied, at least in whole. I don't know, I'm feeling like a complete trainwreck tonight.
I was just poking fun at Tim for him saying something elsewhere about "real" hardware being that which has individual inputs instead of preset effects.

so yeah at some point you might want to get more professional ('real") gear.

crochambeau

Re: Fixing up a reverb tank

Post by crochambeau » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 pm

FireAlarmPoet wrote:I was wondering, would it work if I just ran leads to the two knob-like protrusions at the end (they line up with the longest springs) or has to be arranged in a specific way in order to work?
As has been said, no - soldering wires to the spring mounting will not make it work. In order to work as designed, you need to reconnect the wires where they were connected in the first place.

Getting that far would get you one spring, I'd feel good about myself and live with it.

You should be able to peel the yellow tape back and expose flying leads for tying into. It'll take finesse, and patience, and gumption.
I have no suggestion for software.
http://www.rochambeau.net/

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:19 pm

xdugef wrote:I was just poking fun at Tim for him saying something elsewhere about "real" hardware being that which has individual inputs instead of preset effects.
your posts in that thread were dumb just fyi

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 pm

RJMyato wrote:
xdugef wrote:I was just poking fun at Tim for him saying something elsewhere about "real" hardware being that which has individual inputs instead of preset effects.
your posts in that thread were dumb just fyi
Oh look who is back.. pedantic whiny pants

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 pm

im glad you learned a word from me, but

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 pm

RJMyato wrote:im glad you learned a word from me, but
Your game is weak mayoface, maybe a round of yo momma jokes is on par with your word level?

When I was banging your mom's twat I already knew the word well.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:32 pm

You should be able to peel the yellow tape back and expose flying leads for tying into. It'll take finesse, and patience, and gumption.
Yep and also you might have to carefully scrape the coating off the end of the wires when you find them in order to be able to solder onto them

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 am

timdrage wrote::D really, you assumed FAP "got" a post?!
this is easier than trolling Clemon

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 am

trolling =/= just posting wrong/dumb/nonsense/misunderstanding posts and then being like :trollface: when people thus think you're being wrong and dumb and misunderstanding everything.

Oh unless you mean trolling yourself? that IS easy to be fair.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 am

timdrage wrote:trolling =/= just posting wrong/dumb/nonsense/misunderstanding posts and then being like :trollface: when people thus think you're being wrong and dumb and misunderstanding everything.

Oh unless you mean trolling yourself? that IS easy to be fair.
So are you saying it's not "real" trolling?

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:35 am

yes.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:53 am

interesting that you choose to pseudo-troll me in the only two recent gear threads in which I have been most genuinely helpful, informative, not that sarcastic and not like 'JUST GET A MIXER' or whaever

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:02 am

timdrage wrote:interesting that you choose to pseudo-troll me in the only two recent gear threads in which I have been most genuinely helpful, informative, not that sarcastic and not like 'JUST GET A MIXER' or whaever
Well to be fair I only posted in this one because of the other one. However I still think using the word real to describe a piece of hardware as confusing. You just got really defensive because I jokingly tsked at you.. it wasn't originally intended to be a troll.. you just got tsk butthurt