anybody here do PCBs?

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 pm

this thread is boring so is posted about your face here

amishrobots

Post by amishrobots » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

timdrage wrote:By all means spend a bunch of time and money making PCBs from a half-guessed, incorrectly reverse engineered schematic of a circuit you don't understand and just make a bunch of jokey comments about the funny ads in the goldmine of info I laid down. :D
Not sure why you're trolling me. My map was drawn directly from the actual circuit board of the machine in my possession. Please point to the part that supposedly wrong, so i can understand you better?

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 am

I'm trolling generally, not just at you :) .. But anyway ThePastRecedes's scematic has at least one major error tho he did notice it already, and your diagram had "?" after some component values and doesn't say what sort they are, causing him further guesswork.

ThePastRecedes

Post by ThePastRecedes » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks timdrage! I'll look into those links with the information on that chip. I did not see them before.

Have got anything breadboarded up that may be of interest? Or still waiting on parts like I am?

amishrobots

Post by amishrobots » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

timdrage wrote:I'm trolling generally, not just at you :) .. But anyway ThePastRecedes's scematic has at least one major error tho he did notice it already, and your diagram had "?" after some component values and doesn't say what sort they are, causing him further guesswork.
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the question marks. I am pretty sure about the capacitors, even though the gap between values in some of them seems enormous compared to the others along those switches. The ones I really have no idea about are the potentiometers, and that hardly seems like a big deal to me; I would expect that the worst would happen with the wrong pot is a much wider or narrower range of tones than the original.

As for thePastRecedes's version, i did see he had some errors, which of course he mentioned as you said. He had pm'd me looking for one or two answers, but, oh, looking now i do notice something odd with c11. hmm, dammit.

amishrobots

Post by amishrobots » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:40 pm

ThePastRecedes

Post by ThePastRecedes » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:19 am

amishrobots wrote:The ones I really have no idea about are the potentiometers, and that hardly seems like a big deal to me; I would expect that the worst would happen with the wrong pot is a much wider or narrower range of tones than the original.
There should be markings on the pots post them if your unsure that may help. Probably the easiest thing to do would be get a multimeter and measure the resistance between lug 1 & 3.

I'll make the alterations to the schematic later.

amishrobots

Post by amishrobots » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 am

ThePastRecedes wrote:
amishrobots wrote:The ones I really have no idea about are the potentiometers, and that hardly seems like a big deal to me; I would expect that the worst would happen with the wrong pot is a much wider or narrower range of tones than the original.
There should be markings on the pots post them if your unsure that may help. Probably the easiest thing to do would be get a multimeter and measure the resistance between lug 1 & 3.

I'll make the alterations to the schematic later.
<sarc>And you would almost think that after having built several dozen pedals by now I would know to look for such markings, right?</sarc> No, there's no markings, but then my laziness in not just checking it with my multimeter is pretty lame too. Still, I didn't care much, since trying different pot values to perhaps get a wider range is sort of my step #1 in tweaking the thing.

i'll get around to checking them a bit later and let you know.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

amishrobots wrote:trying different pot values to perhaps get a wider range is sort of my step #1 in tweaking the thing.
If only someone had posted, on your board and also in this thread, some kind of link to an in-depth article with parts list and schematic for a circuit designed exactly to discover the maximum range of sounds that this chip can produce.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm

So I didn't get around to sticking a sharpie in my peehole or finding a tsunami to ride this weekend.. so I guess Amishknobs is still on his own.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 am

Been trying to find a good way to make large variable capacitors instead of switching between fixed ones, this looks like useful info: http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/w ... #secretcap

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

finally got round to stocking up on misc components so gonna try and finally build this thing soonish!

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Here's this thread

I didn't get on with trying to build it yet-_-;

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:45 pm

timdrage wrote:Here's this thread

I didn't get on with trying to build it yet-_-;
I have the IC's