anybody here do PCBs?

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

ThePastRecedes

Post by ThePastRecedes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 am

Yeah it okay! just keeping it open incase anybody else can spot mistakes or any mods we could do.

Its a schematic. It would be best if we could get a verified schematic to make sure it is correct before I design a PCB and spend money on a prototype. With the schematic it's easier to look for potential mods too. Once confirmed I'll convert the schematic into a PCB.

TBH it would probably be easier to do this on perf/veroboard. Most of the parts are off board. The only reason (that I can see) going to PCB is to have board mounted parts and to have a nicer "more professional" look to the final synth or something that can be manufactured easily.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 am

Guys the article to which I posted a link on amishrobots forum has all the info you could need on this chip including a schematic and a diagram of what all the pins do! :-/ it's probably a better basis for getting the best results from this thing than reverse engineering the remco thing anyway since it's intended to test any possible sounds it can make.

Pin 12 is +V not ground.

Definitely a good idea to built a prototype that works before going to the length and expense of pcbs!

Gonna draw up a breadboard/veroboard layout for my own build purposes soon, will share it. It shouldn't be at all complicated or have many more wires than a pcb version would considering that most things on it are like 1 component wired to a switch or pot which you'd probably want to bring out from the board on wires anyway

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am

timdrage wrote:Guys the article to which I posted a link on amishrobots forum
Is there some reason you aren't being a complete dick by not reposting that link here in this thread where it would be relevant? I mean for gawd's sake Amish fuck tard can't even stay on his own forum where you posted this wonderful magical article that explains all.

So if your next response is to start a thread about hey guys we are all the worst poster.. this is why.. this is why we are all the worst poster.. I learned it from you Tim.. FROM YOU!

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 am

I'm trying to support amishrobots forum by making people look there :D

(Actual answer I'm away from computer and can't be bothered to find and post the URL on phone)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 am

timdrage wrote:I'm trying to support amishrobots forum by making people look there :D
FUCK THAT SHIT!
timdrage wrote:(Actual answer I'm away from computer and can't be bothered to find and post the URL on phone)
Okay fair enough..

http://www.utsource.net/pdf/pdf-SN76488N.html

http://archive.org/stream/radio_electro ... 5/mode/2up

NEITHER OF THESE GODDAMN LINKS HAVE PCB PATTERNS WHICH IS WHAT AMISH KNOBS IS ASKING FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 am

xdugef wrote:You think this is enough point to point connections to make on perf board to kill you.. c'mon man.. lazy ass cracker

Y'know this fucking image is basically a usable PCB pattern.. it just needs to be made high constrast and scaled so that the pinholes would actually work. I'm interested in building one of these too so I might help ya out with this shit... also this level of laziness is also annoying me to take action.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 am

NEITHER OF THESE GODDAMN LINKS HAVE PCB PATTERNS WHICH IS WHAT AMISH KNOBS IS ASKING FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE
IM NOT SAYING IT HAS OR GIVING HIM WHAT HE ASKED FOR THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT :D

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 am

By all means spend a bunch of time and money making PCBs from a half-guessed, incorrectly reverse engineered schematic of a circuit you don't understand and just make a bunch of jokey comments about the funny ads in the goldmine of info I laid down. :D

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:52 pm

timdrage wrote:By all means spend a bunch of time and money making PCBs from a half-guessed, incorrectly reverse engineered schematic of a circuit you don't understand and just make a bunch of jokey comments about the funny ads in the goldmine of info I laid down. :D
Oh yeah I was definitely going to pay to have PCB's made before bread boarding this shit first.. in fact I was just going to randomly draw lines and try to make pretty pictures like that Peter Blasser freak. I was gonna do it blindfolded and use a sharpie stuck in my pee hole while water skiing behind a tsunami.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Well that seemed to be pretty much amishrobots' plan so you're in good company ITT

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:44 pm

timdrage wrote:Well that seemed to be pretty much amishrobots' plan so you're in good company ITT
mmmm... no he was asking for somebody else to do the work for him

crochambeau

Post by crochambeau » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:33 pm

xdugef wrote:
timdrage wrote:Well that seemed to be pretty much amishrobots' plan so you're in good company ITT
mmmm... no he was asking for somebody else to do the work for him
You better get to fitting that sharpie then, huh?
I have no suggestion for software.
http://www.rochambeau.net/

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Crochambeau you don't look like what I thought you did.

crochambeau

Post by crochambeau » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 pm

RJMyato wrote:Crochambeau you don't look like what I thought you did.
?

What's the source?
I have no suggestion for software.
http://www.rochambeau.net/

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:40 pm

misc reveal yourself thred