Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 pm

It's essentially a suped-up x0x-style drum machine:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/etr.php

amishrobots

Post by amishrobots » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 am

ah. i wondered. That does make it a bit better then. And at least the mixer makes more sense now.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 am

Holy fuck, welcome to craptalking city
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:49 am

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:Image
That's exactly what trying to run in my nightmares is like... it's basically a perfect visual analogy made with cute cats.

Shit's scary. Seein' a zombie and u can't even run from it 'til u wake up. FUCK THAT.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 am

¼ dead wrote:
That's exactly what trying to run in my nightmares is like... it's basically a perfect visual analogy made with cute cats.

Shit's scary. Seein' a zombie and u can't even run from it 'til u wake up. FUCK THAT.
Also, whenever I have a gun, it does fucking nothing, no damage, it shoots but that´s it, so lame...

That was the best Fap post ever.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 am

¼ dead wrote:

I'm gonna have to stop watching Being Human before I go to bed it's giving me strange dreams

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Surely one of the minimum entry requirements for any kind of gear snobbery is to be able to tell a drum machine/groovebox from a digital 8 track :-/
ah. i wondered. That does make it a bit better then. And at least the mixer makes more sense now.
No that makes it worse because it implies 'beats' :( Also any mixer makes sense in any noise setup.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote: That was the best Fap post ever.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:07 pm

timdrage wrote:Surely one of the minimum entry requirements for any kind of gear snobbery is to be able to tell a drum machine/groovebox from a digital 8 track :-/
No that makes it worse because it implies 'beats' :( Also any mixer makes sense in any noise setup.
Was gonna make a comment about it obviously being not a digital recorder but for some reason decided not to. Super funny

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:10 pm

timdrage wrote:Surely one of the minimum entry requirements for any kind of gear snobbery is to be able to tell a drum machine/groovebox from a digital 8 track :-/
Was gonna make a comment about it obviously being not a digital recorder but for some reason decided not to. Super funny

Al.Machine.O

Post by Al.Machine.O » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

xdugef wrote:I'm gonna have to stop watching Being Human before I go to bed it's giving me strange dreams
Laura91 wrote:To all that use feedback loops:

Flooping causes hiccups.

EATyourGuitar

Post by EATyourGuitar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm

amishrobots wrote:to try and build a show on multi fx by itself seems some how amateurish, uninspired, one dimensional.

I mean realistically the second setup there would be far more "one dimensional" but to me it comes off as more creative. Like, it says to me "minimalist" instead of "one dimensional"
I think the litmus test is that you hate it. has nothing to do with how capable the gear is. you could say that a drum machine, a mixer, a cd player and a multi-fx is minimalist by comparison. some people carry a modular around. I am getting sick of this contact mic death metal shit. this is worse than emo wrist cutting in the 2000's. give me one reason why I should listen to another contact mic deathmetal wannabe that sounds exactly like the last one. do something different, evolve, create. don't be scared.

P.S. I don't hate contact mics, I hate people who do an entire album with nothing but a single contact mic and nothing interesting to mic up. that is the most uncreative done to death shit.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:41 pm

It is hard to disagree with your avatar.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote:It is hard to disagree with your avatar.
See?