built in effect.

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Juboo

built in effect.

Post by Juboo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 am

Christian Blandhoel's (of Ijin) genius work on guitar mods had inspired the fuckk out of me. To be honest, i'd always prefer using guitar as the place for me to fuck instead of multiple effect pedals (give me more room to jump and fuckk around) .
here's the genius insta: https://www.instagram.com/blandhoel/

I'd couple ideas with me right now. still, there's couple of thing that i hope my dear noisician seniors could help me out.
1]anybody have any 'built in effect' recipe that you could share with me. any electronical knowledge that i could put into my own guitar modifying processes. I want the modded guitar to provide me as much tone fuckery as possible. like i said i prefer to fuck and jump around with guitar than lying on floor playing with pedal knobs.

2]i'd been thinking of a built in feedback-machine for a very long time (and the genius Blandhoel had proved that those shit actually exist). i tried finding info bout this stuff but not much can be found especially with feedback effect. any idea how to pull it.

i've zero knowledge (still learning) bout electronics and work with very limited budget right now = not much room for experimentation.

help me o my lordships. any tips, links and recipe would help me. thy help would help this sweet virgin get laid :wink:
insecure pretentious fuck that made noise to hide the fact that he can't play instrument. :wall:
https://sarjenpeppersillogicalnoiseclub ... dcamp.com/

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Re: built in effect.

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 am

I know a guy who installed a radio in his guitar, Cathal Rodgers (Wereju, Nils Helstrom, and others).

Also, some shoegaze band put a meatbox into their bassists guitar, I think.

The most work in installing an effect into your guitar is carving out the space from the wood. After that, it's really just cutting the wire to the output, and soldering each end to the input/output of the effect, and getting the knobs to sit right.

For feedback, you could easily install a small output for a headphone jack, and then just stick a cable on some speakers for you to hold over the strings, I guess.

As far as electronics fuckery goes, this one would be an easy starting point, because the hardest bit will be having the space in your instrument.

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 pm

I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

Grindingandrust

Post by Grindingandrust » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm a guitarist as well, just getting into wiring and I think about this a lot actually. I was thinking about fucking one of the pickups in a way that makes them crazy hot for feedback, or installing some sort of white oscillator or synth into the guitar that could be linked to the same output. I think there's a lot of guitar mods that have yet to be experimented with and I'm definitely going to delve
Thoughtcriminal1.bandcamp.com

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 am

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 am
As far as electronics fuckery goes, this one would be an easy starting point,
any recipe that you could share with me about that. simple schematic or idea to fuck that shit up (electronic/wiring wise) . this is my main concerned as of right now. multiple experimentation is not a suited option because i'm a dirt-poor-bitch right now. need to save as much money for other stuff.

ps: that radio idea is fuckin cool. its kinda like building a theramin into the guitar. never thought about that. will surely look it up.
insecure pretentious fuck that made noise to hide the fact that he can't play instrument. :wall:

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:46 am

Grindingandrust wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 pm
could be linked to the same output. I think there's a lot of guitar mods that have yet to be experimented with and I'm definitely going to delve
yes, that is what i want to do, a system that linked to one output. have some idea in mind but still struggling with the effect part :chin: .
do share your discovery here if you could. i'm especially interested with that synth idea.love to see what it would be like.

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

This is as good as you're gonna get. Before you go cutting and desoldering shit, go buy some alligator clips, some hookup wire, and a wire stripper. Practice soldering with those, connecting the clips to the wire.

Open the guitar, and snip the wire that's connected to the guitar output, leave a good sized bit hanging. Desolder the inputs and outputs of the pedal. Audio connections have two bits, ground, and not ground. Ground should be black. Ground on the guitar jack is the one that isn't attached to the long bent bit.

This bit is dependant on your effect pedal to make sense. Stick alligator clips to each bit of wire you cut in your guitar. Take the not black wire from the pickup, stick it to the input of the effect pedal. Take the not black wire of the guitar jack, stick it to the output of the effect pedal. Take the black wire of the pick from the pickup, stick it to the input of the pedal. Take the black wire of the guitar jack, stick it to the output of the pedal.

Put a battery in the pedal, turn it on. Do you hear a sound? If no, then you got the wires the wrong way around, or the volume is down.
guitarshit.jpg
guitarshit.jpg (169.88 KiB) Viewed 443 times

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm

It's too much of a commitment. I put a single FX in mine, and after a month or two, got annoyed that I couldn't re-route it and change the setup, so I took it back out again. Never got round to fixing the wiring on the thing so it's been sitting a few years now, and I'm using a different instrument.

Play with the FX you want to mount in the guitar for a while, before committing, cause once it's in, your stuck with it, and I'd rather just carry the damn FX in another box, and rewire them when I feel like it.

UInless of course, you plan to mount all your FX in the guitar, and build a little patch bay for routing, that would be cool.
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am
This is as good as you're gonna get. Before you go cutting and desoldering shit, go buy some alligator clips, some hookup wire, and a wire stripper. Practice soldering with those, connecting the clips to the wire.

Open the guitar, and snip the wire that's connected to the guitar output, leave a good sized bit hanging. Desolder the inputs and outputs of the pedal. Audio connections have two bits, ground, and not ground. Ground should be black. Ground on the guitar jack is the one that isn't attached to the long bent bit.

This bit is dependant on your effect pedal to make sense. Stick alligator clips to each bit of wire you cut in your guitar. Take the not black wire from the pickup, stick it to the input of the effect pedal. Take the not black wire of the guitar jack, stick it to the output of the effect pedal. Take the black wire of the pick from the pickup, stick it to the input of the pedal. Take the black wire of the guitar jack, stick it to the output of the pedal.

Put a battery in the pedal, turn it on. Do you hear a sound? If no, then you got the wires the wrong way around, or the volume is down.
nice info. totally appreciate this.
Misomusist wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm
UInless of course, you plan to mount all your FX in the guitar, and build a little patch bay for routing, that would be cool.
yup, that's what i plan to do. thinking bout mounting an effect into the system that is connected with either a patch or a switch. I do want to turn my guitar into a noisemachine but sometime dude also want to play normal stuff once in a while when he's bored.
not going to put every effect though because of the space problem. just one that give me more tone richness when i fuck around (something like feedback or phaser). at least when i want to fuck i dont need to bent down onto the floor to get to the pedalboard. just click the switch and play with the knob while the string still freshly rings :hic: ..

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

Juboo wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am
at least when i want to fuck i dont need to bent down onto the floor to get to the pedalboard.
There's this new fangled invention called the table :idea: you might want to check out, I've been using it for a while now, and combined with another thing called the couch :idea: I find I have a much more accomodating setup.

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Misomusist wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am
Juboo wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am
at least when i want to fuck i dont need to bent down onto the floor to get to the pedalboard.
There's this new fangled invention called the table :idea: you might want to check out, I've been using it for a while now, and combined with another thing called the couch :idea: I find I have a much more accomodating setup.
holy shit, why i never think about that :chin:
i need to buy this ingenious invention right now.

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (58.03 KiB) Viewed 347 times

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 am

Misomusist wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am
There's this new fangled invention called the table :idea: you might want to check out, I've been using it for a while now
Just be sure to not put the table too close to the edge of the stage

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 pm

xdugef wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 am
Just be sure to not put the table too close to the edge of the stage

lol, that's a bummer. fuck with this table invention, i'm gonna used a double sided tape instead.
phaser on the right tit , metalzone on the left tit and a single coil pickup on my armpit.
that'll work.
now that is a noise machine!
Attachments
qq.jpg
qq.jpg (94.12 KiB) Viewed 313 times

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Juboo wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:21 pm
i'm gonna used a double sided tape instead.
phaser on the right tit , metalzone on the left tit and a single coil pickup on my armpit.
that'll work.
now that is a noise machine!
Or just tape them to your guitar
mothersbaughguitar.jpg
mothersbaughguitar.jpg (115.24 KiB) Viewed 312 times