NO NAZI NOISE - fest, compilation, tour info

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Wormfood wrote:
FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote: The difference being that a dealer/junky probably won't be able to get a decent lawyer willing to defend them since what they were doing was illegal yet a racist being beat up just for saying or wearing something will probably be able to get a good lawyer paid for by some WP organization to defend them on a freedom of speech defense. Just saying the violent approach can often backfire no matter how noble the cause.
Drawing a long bow there. A serious nazi dick on the street is more likely to want some kind of violent revenge then get a lawyer, and doesn't necessarily have to be connected to some group with the wherewithal to afford one. From what I've observed, neo nazis, white supremacists, etc., end up in prison all the time. In the US I understand they have quite a nation-wide organisation in gaol. So clearly, whatever lawyers they're hiring aren't very good or just couldn't be stuffed.
Two completely different things. The racists who end up in prison usually go there for some kind of racial attack or gang-related violence. No one's going to want to represent them. That's not what I'm referring to. Someone getting bashed for what they think or represent (no matter how stupid it may be) is bound to draw support from free speech advocates. Granted, individually they may prefer revenge over even contemplating a lawyer but they do have intelligent (if not deluded) people looking out for situations like this.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 pm

FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote:Someone getting bashed for what they think or represent (no matter how stupid it may be) is bound to draw support from free speech advocates.
Please cite an example where this has happened.. nazi's, white supremacists or racists of the ilk of the Clan were supported by free speech advocates.

Where is the fight for the KKK channel these days!!! Don't they have a right to broadcast as much as anybody else? White Power TV? Surely they have a place on cable access?

Anyway I think this argument is kinda irrelevant and has turned into more about the freedoms of facists to preach their point of view than it is about the rejection of their point of views. I don't think this comp represents a suppression of their freedom of speech and freedom of speech does not mean that those points of view have to accepted or that they should be condoned tacitly by the "scene". If there are those who don't care about the scene then I don't know why they are posting about it here.

At any rate, freedom of speech in America only means that the government isn't supposed to stop you from putting forth your point of view but it means much less when it comes to private services. Broadcasting may be regulated by the FCC but the broadcasting is private so they can make their own rules about what they will allow.

Whether it's fair or not when those opinions are given airtime it validates them, when certain members in the scene put out certain records, no matter how few it validates those points of views in ways that some satanic nazi metal head trying to distribute his CDRs via the web doesn't get.

MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:01 am

Last edited by MKULTRA on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wormfood

Post by Wormfood » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 am

FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote:The racists who end up in prison usually go there for some kind of racial attack or gang-related violence. No one's going to want to represent them.
Is that their line? I've read their propaganda and I know that whenever they get into a blue with someone they cry the "my rights have been violated" line. They are represented in court, unless you have specific details otherwise, in which case I accept them.
Keep in mind, that's a sizable minority of their ranks; there's always a decent chunk of the hardcore "activists" from the racist right who are in prison.
And they are the people who worry me; the talkers are nothing to concern oneself about.
Last edited by Wormfood on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 am

regardless of whether you'll go to jail for it, beating people up is morally wrong and doesn't solve any of the root causes of these problems, and makes you look like an asshole.

I mean if you're physically defending someone okay but just straight up attacking nazis in the street just for BEING nazis is stupid.

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:37 am

RJMyato wrote:Although you might go to jail for it, beating up nazis/druggies is morally justified even if it doesn't solve any of the root causes of these problems, and makes you look like a fucking hero.

This world is built on a foundation of violence, get used to it or be a victim.
thats better...
peace, love, happiness

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 am

Wormfood wrote:They are represented in court, unless you have specific details otherwise, in which case I accept them.
Everyone is represented in court whether by court appointed lawyer or self chosen but that's not what I'm talking about. I don't see how a racist going to court for gang/drug/hate-related violence could cry "my rights have been violated" when they have blatantly broken the law. All I'm talking about is freedom of speech activists stepping in when someone is attacked for representing something and not disturbing the peace. MKULTRA beat me to the ACLU link above. Although not really applicable to what we've been discussing, this took place overseas and it involves the lawyers I was referring to: Blowfly's studio drummer (and one of his best friend's) was arrested at an airport in Germany for having records with questionable imagery on the cover. One of the lawyers I was referring to stepped in in his defense. Our laws obviously don't apply in other countries but they were able to get him released quickly although he's no longer allowed back in Germany. Blowfly is black and on Alternative Tentacles. This guy was the drummer for Bound For Glory. Go figure.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:04 am

FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote:I was referring to: Blowfly's studio drummer (and one of his best friend's) was arrested at an airport in Germany for having records with questionable imagery on the cover.
Yeah germany has a ban on nazi symbolism and paraphernalia.. I guess they don't want another nazi party there or something.

What were these records with questionable imagery?

Guess dude should have shipped his records instead of taking them on the plane.

Grafmeester

Post by Grafmeester » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 am

xdugef wrote:Yeah germany has a ban on nazi symbolism and paraphernalia...
actually, they want to control violence in media. bands like cannibal corpse got fucked for this too, so i'm not sure if this is the best example.
you might wanna ask a german for details.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 am

xdugef wrote:
FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote:I was referring to: Blowfly's studio drummer (and one of his best friend's) was arrested at an airport in Germany for having records with questionable imagery on the cover.
What were these records with questionable imagery?

Guess dude should have shipped his records instead of taking them on the plane.
Google search Bound For Glory's record cover art and you'll get the idea. I believe it was the Hammerskin Nation compilation. Not the brightest move on his part.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 am

red soundwave wrote: thats better...
not really, you just took all of my right assertions and made them wrong! what's up with that!

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Last edited by FireAlarmPoet on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in the past on this account may not accurately reflect my current beliefs, especially those prior to 2017.

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:42 pm

RJMyato wrote:cool dude, you just took all of my wuss assertions and made them strong! that's what's up with that!
thanks...
peace, love, happiness

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Grafmeester wrote:
xdugef wrote:Yeah germany has a ban on nazi symbolism and paraphernalia...
actually, they want to control violence in media. bands like cannibal corpse got fucked for this too, so i'm not sure if this is the best example.
you might wanna ask a german for details.
Maybe.. but for example there are restrictions on buying/selling german war memorabilia to anyone residing in germany.. I know this back from when I was an avid gasmask collector.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 pm

FIRE IN THE HEAD wrote:
xdugef wrote: Guess dude should have shipped his records instead of taking them on the plane.
Google search Bound For Glory's record cover art and you'll get the idea. I believe it was the Hammerskin Nation compilation. Not the brightest move on his part.
Woah.. yeah .. what came up in google images was not something I feel comfortable looking at while at work.

We can ask a german but last I heard it was incredibly uncool to be a white power skin head in germany.