NO NAZI NOISE - fest, compilation, tour info

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

RJMyato

NO NAZI NOISE - fest, compilation, tour info

Post by RJMyato » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 am

"No thanks. Considering this is nothing but a sore bottom after being too offended by Bizarre Uproar and Deathkey."

"between noise nerds and the rest of the criteria i think you ruled out the best parts of boston. picky anarchists? no fun."

"i didn't wanna be the one to say it.... though ti wouldnt mind meeting RJ myato in real life :LOL:"

NO NAZI NOISE!

The "No Nazi Noise" Compilation is an international anti-bigotry / anti-fascism experimental music sampler curated by RJ Myato. It features over a dozen acts working in various fields of harsh noise, free improv, glitch, digital hardcore, industrial, and more. The accompanying zine includes writing and images dealing with the participants' experiences with and thoughts about anti-racism and anti-fascism in the experimental noise community.

ARTIST LIST: Black Bloc, Black Sue, RUBBISH, Cementimental, Zswart, N. Campbell & N. Collins, Nick Hoffman & Anna Morrel, Astral Social Club, Earth Incubator (aka Alexander Kibanov), Realicide, Syphilis Sauna, littlecreature gen bensee hand mit wyllem arondeus ov, Requiem, Extreme Hair Stench, Clang Quartet, Burnout War Cry

This event is a festival which will feature artists who are on the comp, as well as allied acts who aren't. It starts EARLY (at 4pm) so be sure to clear your schedule well in advance...

This show is also the TOUR KICKOFF for Dormant Conscience, Black Bloc, and Cincinnatus C who will be traveling around the Northeast in support of the compilation - see www.myspace.com/rjmyato for details...

I'm still open to the possibility of adding a couple other bands to this event so if you play any kind of DIY music and like the ideas being set down here PLEASE CONTACT ME!

$8 - 4pm - 4321 Main St. Pittsburgh (Bloomfield)

OUT OF TOWN BANDS
Evolve (experimental hip-hop, Cincinnati OH)
Black Bloc (anarchist power electronics, Buffalo NY)
Cincinnatus C (toilet folk, Philadelphia PA)

LOCALS
Dormant Conscience (RJ Myato + Brad Kline)
Requiem
Syphilis Sauna
Burnout Warcry
Ekic Chowrah
Pinky Lascaux

adding tour dates here too to consolidate information....

Mar 5 2010 No Nazi Noise CD release party - Pittsburgh
Mar 6 2010 Bela Dubby, Lakeview OH
Mar 7 2010 The Juggling Gypsy, Wilmington NC
Mar 8 2010 Charm City Art Space, Baltimore MD
Mar 9 2010 The Triple, Richmond VA
Mar 10 2010 13 Thames, Brooklyn NY
Mar 11 2010 The Batcave, Great Barrington MA
Mar 12 2010 Nobody's Art Center, Buffalo NY

The comp is now available via Paypal (rjmyato@gmail.com) or in person for $6 ppd.
Last edited by RJMyato on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

VWLS

Post by VWLS » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:42 am

i will be at the buffalo date of this. pumped.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

sick!!! buffalo is going to be such a fucking good show... can't wait to tour!

cremehorn

Post by cremehorn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Astral Social Club
Wow...jokes on you..
Do you even know the history of the person behind this band?

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 pm

cremehorn wrote:
Astral Social Club
Wow...jokes on you..
this is what he told me recently:
our part of west yorkshire is a gritty place to live at times, but suits me just fine - ugly metropolis one way, vast looming hills + wilderness the other ... hotbed of BNP rightwing extremism too - i've had to literally chase those bastards from my street when they were leafleting pre-election a few yrs back ... they do pretty well around these parts, which is partly why my hackles are raised when those twats bleat on about fascism like it's some sort of ironic hipster joke
neil
he has been a polite & normal person through the whole process and nobody else has said anything so....? no, I don't know what you're talking about.

edit: okay, I've read a bunch of interviews in which he says nothing out of the ordinary, the dude was in Vibracathedral Orchestra which is as inoffensive as you can get... um... according to Wikipedia he played with a few p.e. acts (smell & quim etc.) which is nothing to get worked up over. what exactly are you trying to say?

double edit: and I just found a ton of posts on Chondritic Sound of him defending me with all this stuff, referring to racism expressed by Mikko etc. as "deadeningly normal prejudice," calling out their misogyny, etc. you're obviously ill-informed or trying to slander Neil.

METEK

Post by METEK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 am

rightwing extremism ...

BWAHHEHAHAEHAEHA !!!!

you are so confused dude ...

welcome to the world of extreme contrasts .

wake up and face the unbrushed art of the true noiseman
"Mitt val är ibland enkelt : Jag vet att om jag ställer upp för andra så finns chansen att få något tillbaka som är värt något för mig , men om jag bara kan se livet som en kamp mot andra så försvinner den chansen"

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am

I'm not really confused about anything mr. internet forum poster but thanks

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am

RJMyato wrote:I'm not really confused about anything mr. internet forum poster but thanks
Unless METEK's meds are just right everyone is confused but him.

cremehorn

Post by cremehorn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm

RJMyato wrote:
cremehorn wrote:
Astral Social Club
Wow...jokes on you..
this is what he told me recently:
our part of west yorkshire is a gritty place to live at times, but suits me just fine - ugly metropolis one way, vast looming hills + wilderness the other ... hotbed of BNP rightwing extremism too - i've had to literally chase those bastards from my street when they were leafleting pre-election a few yrs back ... they do pretty well around these parts, which is partly why my hackles are raised when those twats bleat on about fascism like it's some sort of ironic hipster joke
neil
he has been a polite & normal person through the whole process and nobody else has said anything so....? no, I don't know what you're talking about.

edit: okay, I've read a bunch of interviews in which he says nothing out of the ordinary, the dude was in Vibracathedral Orchestra which is as inoffensive as you can get... um... according to Wikipedia he played with a few p.e. acts (smell & quim etc.) which is nothing to get worked up over. what exactly are you trying to say?

double edit: and I just found a ton of posts on Chondritic Sound of him defending me with all this stuff, referring to racism expressed by Mikko etc. as "deadeningly normal prejudice," calling out their misogyny, etc. you're obviously ill-informed or trying to slander Neil.

It's ok rj. I know you get most of your info from the internet because you have only been into noise for maybe a few years and are too young to have been around much of anything except myspace. Let's just say some of the people on your comp have been involved in bands that have flirted with grey areas that might not be kosher with your extreme "black or white" views on topics like rascism or whatever your comp is about.

(and before you get all p.c. on me about my use of the word kosher, it is ok. I am jewish so i am allowed.)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Last edited by FireAlarmPoet on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in the past on this account may not accurately reflect my current beliefs, especially those prior to 2017.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:45 pm

cremehorn wrote:It's ok rj. I know you get most of your info from the internet because you have only been into noise for maybe a few years and are too young to have been around much of anything except myspace. Let's just say some of the people on your comp have been involved in bands that have flirted with grey areas that might not be kosher with your extreme "black or white" views on topics like rascism or whatever your comp is about.
Damnit! I knew that anyone that every did anything PE is secretly a nazi.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 pm

cremehorn wrote: It's ok rj. I know you get most of your info from the internet because you have only been into noise for maybe a few years and are too young to have been around much of anything except myspace. Let's just say some of the people on your comp have been involved in bands that have flirted with grey areas that might not be kosher with your extreme "black or white" views on topics like rascism or whatever your comp is about.

(and before you get all p.c. on me about my use of the word kosher, it is ok. I am jewish so i am allowed.)
1) I've been involved with noise music long enough to know the scene and consider myself a part of it. I know most of the people involved in this compilation in real life, and I have met most of my noise contacts in Pittsburgh in real life at shows, and others through tape trading just like anybody else.

Yes some things are before my time, what of it? I've heard a lot of Vibracathedral Orchestra and related material, but have never researched the individual people involved, so I don't know Neil's intimate history. I have found nothing to incriminate him, he himself decided to be on the comp, and I have half a dozen quotes PROVING that he agrees with the basic ideas of it, which I quoted above.

2) The use of P.C. as an insult immediately de-legitimizes anything you have to say and I could reasonably discount you entirely based on that stupid, stupid term. (The fact that you consider "kosher" to somehow be an un-"pc" term shows pretty clearly that it has no meaning and you are just using it as a vaguely insulting catchphrase.)

3) "Flirting with grey areas" has nothing to do with the fact that everyone on this compilation is opposed to outright racism and Naziism in noise, INCLUDING NEIL. You haven't explained, at all, why his presence on this compilation is "a joke" to me.

4) I have no problem being black-and-white when it comes to Nazism. However, each person on this compilation has his own ideas and made his own decision to be here. They may very well deviate from my reasons for putting the comp out in the first place. That is fine.

5) Mocking people for being "young" is pretty counter-productive to moving noise beyond the same close-minded group of 40-year-old tape-collecting anti-social nerds which it has always been made up of, but you probably enjoy that about it, because it allows you to retreat into a worthless false-elitist hobby instead of doing anything even vaguely meaningful.

5) You're a fucking idiot, and you're enough of an idiot to be condescending about it to others, which is sad.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Reminder that a full half of cremehorn's posts on this board are defending Greh for being a thief and another quarter are talking shit on me.

METEK

Post by METEK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 am

hey funny guy .

ok lets clear things out ...

u call me "mr. internet forum poster"

but I dont post pointless bullshit like you do .

by the way . I tried to help you with your confused attitude about

your significance and noisemusic but you said no thank you .

please niggah . spare us your lectures about how "into noise" you are .

eehh . who are you trying to impress ?

you are still a fucking nobody in here so why dont you shut up ?

You motherfucker calls me names ...

let me try and get into you brain once more
I am METEK
and that is the name of the one you can refeer to as "sen pai"
I dont need you so please be grateful
What the fuck was in your mind when you wrote your shit?
Who posessed you to do that? Who told you that shit ?
Unplug yourself .

I'ma tell you straight, look in the fuckin mirror.

why do you act like a fool ? why do you embarass yourself in here ?

WHYYYYY ?
"Mitt val är ibland enkelt : Jag vet att om jag ställer upp för andra så finns chansen att få något tillbaka som är värt något för mig , men om jag bara kan se livet som en kamp mot andra så försvinner den chansen"

astral social club

Post by astral social club » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 am

cremehorn wrote:
Astral Social Club
Wow...jokes on you..
i'm intrigued -do let me know about my dodgy past ... i don't think i've ever been involved w/ anything neo-nazi ... puerile + tasteless, sure ... like, i consented to have a track on this = http://www.discogs.com/Various-Fuck-Lik ... ase/707757, or the cover pic of this = http://molehill.jp/shop/shop.cgi?No=4499 ... i'm not exactly Mr PC, i've been around a long time + involved in things i'd probably rather forget, but never knowingly racist

unless you know different, that is