THE RITA - Shark Knifing 7" (SNSE075)

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 am

timdrage wrote:P.S. how come 4 pages of replies and no 'jumped the shark' jokes yet? :)

Bleeding_out_the Davey

Post by Bleeding_out_the Davey » Sun May 31, 2009 9:13 am

timdrage wrote: Did you expect an actual shark to leap out of the hole in the 7" and slit your throat?
that would be sweet

but yeah no one is forcing people to own this...so if ya dont care for the sample...dont buy it.very simple really.

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Sun May 31, 2009 9:18 am

Here's the rub gaiz so listen up and listen good.

When I first got into noise, it wasn't THAT long ago. Can't claim I was into this stuff when The Rita first started or whatever, but one of the ways I began to find out more of this stuff was when I found noisemp3 and in particular THE RITA. I will say The Rita is one of my favourite noisers and one of the biggest early influences. Split w/ Filthy Turd BLEW MY YOUNG MIND.

But the wall noise thing is definitely something that has been created since. Back when I listened to this earlier stuff it just seemed to be characterised by the fact it was bass heavy, not an unmoving HNW thing which is a dumb tag that people have invented by making unmoving, unchanging sound walls. But whatever cos it's ALL noise and most of it good huh?

What is baffling here is that everyone's getting on this guys dick about how he's described the sounds and packaging, while totally overlooking the fact that he's put out a lovely 7 inch record from a great artist that isn't in a retarded low run that will sell out in 9 seconds and has a load of art etc etc.

The only thing that grinds my gears about it is the hole in the middle. I don't get why people do that with records today? is it meant to be nostalgic and retro? or is it cheaper to do or something??
anyway, nothing I'm gonna cry about or anything, I say good job and let this collection of BANNED homosexuals continue to be upset about HQ noise prods.

coastal

Post by coastal » Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 am

.....this is the first time i've graced the noise guide board with my presence since all the trolls got banned from the troniks board....now i see you're all still up to the same lame internet-noise-douche shit!
rad looking 7" with quality looking booklet from a killer label....for 7 DOLLARS!
i'll definetly be picking this one up....

oh, anyone who has never stood in front of a giant sound system that has been brought to its knees by one of the HN masters....i suggested you do that first and foremost before making ANY conclusions about the genre.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 am

Duncan wrote:I will say The Rita is one of my favourite noisers
who you callin' a "noiser"?

Monstres par Exc

Re: .....

Post by Monstres par Exc » Sun May 31, 2009 9:22 am

coastal wrote:.....this is the first time i've graced the noise guide board with my presence since all the trolls got banned from the troniks board....now i see you're all still up to the same lame internet-noise-douche shit!
rad looking 7" with quality looking booklet from a killer label....for 7 DOLLARS!
Idiot, go back to your black trrroniks board and waste your money buying shit.

xdugef

Re: .....

Post by xdugef » Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 am

coastal wrote:.....this is the first time i've graced the noise guide board with my presence since all the trolls got banned from the troniks board....now i see you're all still up to the same lame internet-noise-douche shit!

oh, anyone who has never stood in front of a giant sound system that has been brought to its knees by one of the HN masters....i suggested you do that first and foremost before making ANY conclusions about the genre.
fuck I hope I'm not getting lumped in with this bullshit.. seriously I've met Sam, seen him play and appreciate his stuffs.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun May 31, 2009 9:36 am

everything i've heard with THE RITA attached to it didn't sound very "wall" by the definition that gets thrown around a lot.

anyways i didn't mean to give the impression that this record was dumb, shit i might even buy it.

this thread should be moved to MISC. and it was that way long before i stepped in.
G KP F TS Q

SNSE

Post by SNSE » Sun May 31, 2009 9:51 am

gordon wrote:everything i've heard with THE RITA attached to it didn't sound very "wall" by the definition that gets thrown around a lot.
You're quite right. I figured at the beginning of this I would just go with that, though, as some folks were having a hard enough time even making a distinction between the two audio samples. Now imagine trying to explain that this isn't even wall noise.

Anyways, mind-blowing and eye opening thread. I wasn't going to go the route of comparisons to the troniks board, but it's pretty evident that a thread like this can only occur here.

To the sincere NOISE fans that have attempted to bring some sanity and insight to this little mess, I say thank you.

To the rest of you troll posers (I'm looking at you in particular monsters), FUCK OFF. I'm checking out of this thread now and will be back when I have another killer record to present

Not sure that there's any moderation to this board, but this thread should be LOCKED

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun May 31, 2009 9:57 am

xdugef wrote:
who you callin' a "noiser"?
Duncan wrote:The Rita

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Sun May 31, 2009 10:04 am

well, im gonna have to get all 'old guy' on yer asses now, wall noise isnt new, its ancient, i can remember several shows from the late 80s/early 90s that killed with walls, drove almost all the audience away, i loved it, and it was old then, so dont think this shit is somehow innovative, the fact that it needs so much promo support, including our ranting here, proves that it cannot stand on its own, understand that i am not dissing on the project for its inherent merit, i just personally believe this shit(HWN) is over hyped considering its lack of sound quality and absolutely fails without a conceptual art project backing, so be honest with us and yourself when discussing it and call it conceptual art, stop trying to sell me on the merits of uber distorted war footage and nature shows, i am not a retard, i am a discerning asshole, now having said that, i would attend a rita live performance gladly, if only to see how many paying fans had to walk out before the walls come down, and better believe i will still be standing right in front when they do, but to buy it on vinyl and sit on the floor in my room listening at a respectable volume with my friends seems pretty vacant/lame...
peace, love, happiness

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun May 31, 2009 10:23 am

seems pretty vacant/lame...
much like your post 8)

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 am

needs so much promo support,
SO MUCH yeah wow a noise record announced on a couple of small internet messageboards CLEAR CHANNEL WATCH OUT!

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 am

timdrage wrote:
seems pretty vacant/lame...
much like your post 8)
zing! :roll:
peace, love, happiness

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun May 31, 2009 10:26 am

timdrage wrote:
xdugef wrote: