THE RITA - Shark Knifing 7" (SNSE075)

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

SNSE

Post by SNSE » Sat May 30, 2009 10:04 am

Obsolete Office Equipment wrote:Hype shit up I dont care.
What? Dig the unprovoked hostility.

I'm just letting people know about a record I had pressed and is now for sale. A couple new tracks by one of the most influential noise artists of the 21st century. That ain't hype, champ. That's a fact.

Zeno Marx

Post by Zeno Marx » Sat May 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Ohrgami wrote:
SNSE wrote:
Ohrgami wrote:Listened to the samples... It seems The Rita explored a new level of crunch... Sounds good ! But I must admit that he also left his lo - fi aesthetics behind, he now sounds very sterile and "clean" (if that's even possible in Wall Noise)
I really like the crunchy sharpness these tracks have. Yeah, a bit more fi than older The Rita material

There is a certain tangent some recent wall recordings have followed towards that sterile and clean sound. This is one example of that. Ryan Bloomer's track on the recent Small Doses boxset is similarly cutting. It's a welcome sound to me.
Yeah, I sensed that "trend" as well... I think Vomir was the first "cleaner" sounding HNW artist...

I really like the clearer sound, as you can "catch" more of the different textures...
Check out The Rita - Anna Christie 3" (2005 Pitchphase) and the Haemorrhaging Fetus digital releases. I don't think vinyl and tape capture what HF does as well. If you're a noise vinyl person, you would definitely not be disappointed in his LP on SNSE. It's just that his 3"CDs realize a more full potential.

I'm a hi-fi junkie. I can certainly appreciate the different feel that mud and lo-fi create, but when skilled artists toy with details, like what can be more often found in crisp recordings, I really go for that direction. Sickness is another one. He, at times, sounds like he's surgically amputating the peaks of his distortion wavs, creating two pops where there was only one before. The audio illusions such detail can manifest is extraordinary. The minutia is much more affective to my ears. The fine particles are a barrage of burying pinpoint attacks rather than something more akin to a compression wav and thuddy.

the raytownian

Post by the raytownian » Sat May 30, 2009 6:08 pm

SNSE wrote:A couple new tracks by one of the most influential wall noise artists of the 21st century. That ain't hype, champ. That's a fact.
Fix'derd...

Not that I am bashing it, just trying to make what I feel is a pretty important distinction...

I admit, I am not into HWN, and I don't really relate to the aesthetics described to me by most folks at all, but I don't want you to take that as an attack or sarcasm on my part...

I just don't think it's fair to assume everyone who likes Noise must love TR, you know? (I don't)
Not-Sea Punks Fuck Off!

Obsolete Office Equipment

Post by Obsolete Office Equipment » Sat May 30, 2009 8:37 pm

SNSE wrote:
Obsolete Office Equipment wrote:Hype shit up I dont care.
What? Dig the unprovoked hostility.

I'm just letting people know about a record I had pressed and is now for sale. A couple new tracks by one of the most influential noise artists of the 21st century. That ain't hype, champ. That's a fact.
well all the best to you sir.

i just bumped your thread, think about it.

inversion collapse

Post by inversion collapse » Sat May 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Obsolete Office Equipment wrote:
SNSE wrote:
Obsolete Office Equipment wrote:
Psygima wrote:Whats the difference between track A and track B?
*this shit had me dying*
So this was a joke then? Ouch.

For my own curiosity, I'm honestly trying to gauge whether you two cannot actually hear a difference between those two tracks or not?
wallnuts are a joke yes.

Hype shit up I dont care.
the apex of douchebaggery is quickly being approached!

edit: the discussions here are so fucking provocative. good job!

red soundwave

Re: THE RITA - Shark Knifing 7" (SNSE075)

Post by red soundwave » Sat May 30, 2009 11:54 pm

SNSE wrote: Lurching, ripping, and tearing. Relentless and sharp. Thrashing about in the blood water, coming back for the torso. There are sharks and then there are knives. How about sharks getting their throats slit by humans with knives? Think about that.

These two sides present a concise and brutal attack by the master, as if the short format pushed him to pack each track with all the highlight elements typically spread out over longer form The Rita recordings. Hits hard, hits fast.

SNSE is proud to present this large-hole 7" wrapped in a twelve page booklet adorned with not-nice artwork culled from McKinlay's massive personal collection as well as drawings inked by the man himself.
see, i think the problem here is that the above description is probably the best part of the whole experience of the project, the next best part being the booklet which is "not-nice artwork"(available everywhere, and better, i guarantee), and then the owning of a limited release piece of vinyl...

some people might consider that akin to a 'pet rock', the value is in the status that the buyer believes they are buying by owning the product...

if this was the first time anyone had heard HWN, then it might be considered a landmark release, but its not, so it seems kind of tired...

of course, there are new kids stumbling onto 'the scene' everyday that never got a chance to have a record such as this, and maybe their friends will be aghast at the horrible sound it makes, and that will engourge their ego a little...

still, more appropriate ad copy for this kind of product might read:

sljkhc j sod idj dncosih ijvo isdj oij ov ijoijdoijv oidvjdij voijdo voijsoi oihov oijhvdoisoifyuowf iouh vuohwofh !!!!! oihveoiu oisdc 8chowducih ih odchodiuuyyoasccoinbksiud oihc osdhco idcho oico d8cuo osidcjdnlois!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kjsdhbck ksjdhv vojnkjcx cvkjnsdkiuh lk lsdhoi $7 PPD
peace, love, happiness

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 am

inversion collapse wrote:the discussions here are so fucking provocative.
to engage in provocative discussion about wall noise seems akin to masturbating without finishing, whats the point?, what do you expect to glean from such musings?, maybe you should join a book club for that...

the statement simply reeks of $10 ho-baggery...
peace, love, happiness

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun May 31, 2009 4:16 am

noise genres are just stupid clubs that you have to limit your creativity to be a part of.

wanna make harsh walls? better be recording onto a clipped out tape deck!
G KP F TS Q

Monstres par Exc

Post by Monstres par Exc » Sun May 31, 2009 4:24 am

wall noise is dead

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Sun May 31, 2009 4:44 am

gordon wrote:noise genres are just stupid clubs that you have to limit your creativity to be a part of.

wanna make harsh walls? better be recording onto a clipped out tape deck!
You'd imagine that noise, which is pretty much an anything-goes thing, wouldn't have styles or genres. For me, it kind of defeats the purpose as I see it.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun May 31, 2009 5:04 am

fuck noise i'm gonna make high-fidelity improv black metal for awhile.
G KP F TS Q

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Sun May 31, 2009 5:10 am

I'm gonna write pop music and sell it to EMI.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sun May 31, 2009 5:16 am

People on the noise boards sure do get upset when someone has the audacity to release a noise record.

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Sun May 31, 2009 5:34 am

DAMN THEM AND THEIR EVER EXPANDING POPULARITY!!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2009 5:35 am

timdrage wrote:People on the noise boards sure do get upset when someone has the audacity to release a noise record.
That's because there's no need to release anymore noise and ask people to pay real money for it. I could give away the socks i don't wear anymore for this noise, not the money i need to pay the internet and bash those who ask people to pay real money for HARSH WALL NOISE.