THE RITA - Shark Knifing 7" (SNSE075)

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

Nymphs or Satyrs

Post by Nymphs or Satyrs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:44 am

gordon wrote:but then turned around and bought it because i have genuine interest. not being able to take a joke is the first step down a slippery slope of living a miserable life.
Right on. I think you'll like it!
and you're right about that slippery slope!!!!! :)

Tony Stirner

Post by Tony Stirner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Nymphs or Satyrs wrote:
MKULTRA wrote:
Nymphs or Satyrs wrote:yeah, that was odd.
And therein is the problem. Fanboy worship.
redsoundwave wrote:]this product is consumed based on its advertising, not its merit
I see your point.

Not in my case.
I enjoy Sam's work. Lately he's been testing new ideas that have alienated a few fans of his old sound. The Leopard Skin series and the recent NYLONS OF LAURA ANTONELI. are both great releases that showcase his new concepts and obsessive attention to details.
While he and I have never met (yet!) we do have mutual friends, and I hear about how much he DOES put into his work.
I feel he's been dissecting his own work, the harsh noise wall of sound that everyone loves or hates . :wink:
All of those sounds are meticulously place by him believe it or not, and to show I'm not a The Rita ass kisser, I feel sometimes he may overthink things.

More recent releases like mentioned above are in fact minimalist harsh noise art pieces.
I do totally believe that.

This new 7" is the reminder that though he's experimenting and stretching what HNW is;
he can still kill whenever he wants.
ahum ... you know where the REAL problem lies here ??? all these bigbrained intellectuals trying to outdo eachother in posting "intelligent" comments while having strong opinion on others that may not seem to intelligent by their standards ... and indeed , i'm just a dumbass mofo but that's beyond the point here ... you check my output/sounds/posting anytime anywhere and you tell me where you can make out i'm a The Rita fanboy ??? But fact is that the dude has been a HNW pioneer , and buying the release is my way of showing support , mind you , it's the first original The Rita item i ever bought !? got some cdrs in through trading and that's how i'm familiar with some of his sounds... HNW in general though is a subgenre enjoyed very much by me so why not buy an item from one of the originators ??? ... it's a 7" vinyl and looks great so even if it contained 2 long beerburps on side a and fieldrecordings of sharks (!) on side b, i would've bought the damn thing but thenagain , why am i defending myself ???

enjoy ya shitstorm
luh

-TS

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Who the fuck are you?

Tony Stirner

Post by Tony Stirner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:Who the fuck are you?
i s'pose that one is directed at me ???

so sorry ; Tony Stirner , 24/7 fuck-up from the Netherlands , creating horrible noise is my speciality when not having to suffer thru some form of psychotherapy or rehab. ... been doin' this crap since early nineties , been actively releasing for only a few years now ... dutch noise best kept worst secret ... just done first live assault (1st of may) and got the taste now , plan on releasing more and more horrible noise and attacking lots of audience , 1st show as one half of Conjo Di Christo was bit tame due to me having to perform with recovering arm , was severely disjointed + broken only weeks before so........
oh dammit , sorry !!! looooooooong story !!! high as a fckn kite rite now and also not sure if this is the right place for a prolonged member introduction so sorry again... but at least it answers ya question a bit though i highly doubt if anyone cares :oops:
more on topic :
can't wait till i receive the thing because ofcourse would luv to experience and analyze the sounds as well and in case i don't like it at all (which is also a possibilty offcourse) I'll trade it with a fanboy (haha) or one of the contacts...
so sorry to stink up this thread again but felt personally attacked and just had to post ... been meaning to make account for a long time already but instead kept lurking ... untill now

peace !!!

omikron

Post by omikron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Psygima wrote:no i'm not into wall noise. it's annoying
you're annoying. POW!

huge discussion goin on here ...

just wanted to say that i think a rita 7" would be very VERY frustrating to listen to because of the runtime.
i need at least 5 mins to rly start enjoying static walls and theyre most fun after half an hour

still thinking about getting the release ... but id really rather have some more gapping hole tapes. mmh...
very cool label man.

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Tony Stirner wrote:i highly doubt if anyone cares :oops:
I care!

omikron

Post by omikron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 pm

timdrage wrote:People on the noise boards sure do get upset when someone has the audacity to release a noise record.
Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:DAMN THEM AND THEIR EVER EXPANDING POPULARITY!!!

:lol:

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I promise you all, you will not remember me.

Tony Stirner

Post by Tony Stirner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:53 pm

omikron wrote:
huge discussion goin on here ...

just wanted to say that i think a rita 7" would be very VERY frustrating to listen to because of the runtime.
i need at least 5 mins to rly start enjoying static walls and theyre most fun after half an hour
daaaammnnn ............................ so true !!! never thought about that when i paypalled the thingy :oops:

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:
Tony Stirner wrote:i highly doubt if anyone cares :oops:
I care!
ah well , thank you , I s'pose ?
Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:I promise you all, you will not remember me.
You never know Joe ... Possibly if you release a 7" ??? I'd buy !!! and if you make it not too
expensive and put some animal cruelty on the cover i'll also take a few for distro !!!

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:56 pm

I plan on being that guy where one person says "Hey, remember Bipolar Joe?" and no one knows what the fuck they're talking about.

Tony Stirner

Post by Tony Stirner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:I plan on being that guy where one person says "Hey, remember Bipolar Joe?" and no one knows what the fuck they're talking about.
you ain't gonna succeed i'm afraid comrade , haha , been told that your recent netrelease at 77industry already had a fair amount of downloads but hey what do I know ? in any case : good luck !!! :lol:

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Shit, it did? Who you been talking to? I forgot all about that.

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Tony Stirner wrote:
Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:I plan on being that guy where one person says "Hey, remember Bipolar Joe?" and no one knows what the fuck they're talking about.
you ain't gonna succeed i'm afraid comrade , haha , been told that your recent netrelease at 77industry already had a fair amount of downloads but hey what do I know ? in any case : good luck !!! :lol:
Dammit, I can't shake this stupid sense of pride!

Tony Stirner

Post by Tony Stirner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Bipolar Fucking Joe wrote:Shit, it did? Who you been talking to? I forgot all about that.
haha no , tbh , labeled asked me to do netrelease for them so I recorded some stuff (available soon) ... first checked what other artists/projects were on there and downloaded whatever seemed interesting and done some research ... ain't heard from them for a couple of weeks now but that's all good ... i'm known myself to act the same at times , posting/whatever like a machine , weeks in a row to disappear for equally long (or longer) so...

back on topic : the 7" @ 16 RPM for those of you that don't have turntable capable of doing that ... just play the thing at 33 RPM and capture at highest sample rate in fe. CoolEdit (or whatever other tool you may like and use...) if you captured at fe.96.000Hz just adjust sample rate to 48.000 and convert afterwards to 44.100 to burn to audiocdr ... ok , ok i know 99,9% of yall already figured but this one was just for the 0,1% possibly reading and to keep it a little on topic :wink:

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:20 pm

That's better. On with the self-loathing!