Is melodic Harsh Noise exist?

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

clemon

Re: Is melodic Harsh Noise exist?

Post by clemon » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:28 pm

hah! just being silly

i nearly created a noise supper group, vomir on organ, bbblood making noise, and so on. didn't come together, tho

https://soundcloud.com/timestretched_no ... -hard-left

this was the mockup :doh:
it's ok!

Serg123g

Post by Serg123g » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm

nah - jliat's "bad music" its just pop music. i want masonna playing fucking melodies wth harsh noise wall

clemon

Post by clemon » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:40 pm

ask him to sing for you?
it's ok!

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:57 pm

What you're describing is called a drum machine, yeah; Drum machines (or drummers, for that matter) produce (usually) atonal "noises" placed in a melodic structure (look up the definition of "melody", if necessary) to produce rhythms. Noises and tones are two different things, in the sense that one creates rhythm, but not melody, exclusively (without having a discernible pitch). Playing a melody using noise sources, there is no (discernible) melody by way of pitch. With traditional musical structures, the effect of playing a "melody" with "noise" would be "rhythmic" at best, or just sound like a wash of noise all the same. You can structure amorphous blasts of "noise" all you like, but no one would know the difference, beyond a possible sense of rhythm. If you mean "noise", as in feedback (which is really closer to a tone than true "noise", however unsteady), then everything and more has already been done/attempted with it, yes.

Why the fuck am I even explaining this?

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:15 am

Serg123g wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:39 pm
nah - jliat's "bad music" its just pop music. i want masonna playing fucking melodies wth harsh noise wall
The way to do this is to create a set of samples, of HNW, (or whatever) and trigger them from midi. You can use your own midi 'songs' or
use any of the popular ones out there for free.

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:45 am

purple monkey dinosaur

Serg123g

Post by Serg123g » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 am

¼ dead wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:57 pm
What you're describing is called a drum machine, yeah; Drum machines (or drummers, for that matter) produce (usually) atonal "noises" placed in a melodic structure (look up the definition of "melody", if necessary) to produce rhythms. Noises and tones are two different things, in the sense that one creates rhythm, but not melody, exclusively (without having a discernible pitch). Playing a melody using noise sources, there is no (discernible) melody by way of pitch. With traditional musical structures, the effect of playing a "melody" with "noise" would be "rhythmic" at best, or just sound like a wash of noise all the same. You can structure amorphous blasts of "noise" all you like, but no one would know the difference, beyond a possible sense of rhythm. If you mean "noise", as in feedback (which is really closer to a tone than true "noise", however unsteady), then everything and more has already been done/attempted with it, yes.

Thanks for explanation. give Examples of melodic harsh noise ( this was done many times before as you say right ?) and you tired to explain it to us, idiots. examples

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 am

Best thread, good job.

melkobukva

Post by melkobukva » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 am

is this clemon talking to himself using two accounts :chin:

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:04 am

Without making the noise of different pitches you don't get much... even then nothing spectacular as the notes merely trigger noises as opposed to notes... here is a very quick example... with the second part showing the source..

http://www.jliat.com/nn.mp3

http://www.jliat.com/straw.mp3

Strawberry fields... :chin:
Last edited by jliat on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:37 am

Serg123g wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 am
give Examples of melodic harsh noise to us, idiots. examples

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 am

melkobukva wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 am
is this clemon talking to himself using two accounts :chin:
At first I felt kinda sorry for the OP because he got the expert to answer his question but then he turned out to be a lil' cuntish so I def felt better for reading his sentences with the same dumb voice my head translate Mikkko's posts, y'know, that generic not asian broken english voice.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:54 am

Music + noise = music. just open 2 browser tabs to play pop and noise at once i guess?

closest i can think of to what you actually seem to want would be Hijokaidan's j-pop + jazz collabs and rock covers (eg Silver Machine) i guess?

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Serg123g wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 am
¼ dead wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Thanks for explanation. give Examples of melodic harsh noise ( this was done many times before as you say right ?) and you tired to explain it to us, idiots. examples
You are exhausting. Why not produce your own examples and provide them to us, you useless fucking retard? If nothing else, it might be something to go buy (assuming it doesn't sound exactly like I've been describing: anti-melodic noise). I gave an explanation based on an experiment I carried out myself. I didn't bother doing more than explain it, because "Melodic Harsh Noise" would be nothing short of a marketing gimmick, precisely for the reasons I explained above. I explained all of this because you apparently fail to understand that no one would even recognize such a gimmick without being told what it was, and no one but you is boring enough to think indecipherably melodically-structured noise is an interesting concept worth mentioning in press releases, whether artists have "actually done it before" or not (I'm sure many have).
Last edited by ¼ dead on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Serg123g

Post by Serg123g » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:06 pm

¼ dead wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 pm

You are exhausting. Why not produce your own examples and provide them to us, you useless fucking retard?
Lol you little fag, first - you can't explain anything. second - you are fucking dumb brainless cunt. get to fuck out from my thread, bitch