GRANULAR SYNTHESIS COMP

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

WhiteWarlock

Re: GRANULAR SYNTHESIS COMP

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Eye made modifications page for DBX 166 on N01ZE.com cloning that info
http://www.n01ze.com/Muzak/n01ze-news/
plus added the service manual
also the datasheets for THAT 2180 & 2181 VCA chips
if anyone needs them

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:07 am

just to correct some impressions on my ideas re noise. I 'm not arguing that noise cant be made using great skill and requires talent. Or that in many cases that might go for any of the 'big names'
What I am arguing is that unlike other music is doesn't “require” skill or talent.

This isnt particularly my idea or 'new'...

“Noise with rules is music. Which is why people who cant follow rules (incompetent) and people who do not wish to (for any or no reason) (and things which have no idea of rules – like volcanoes and TNT) can and do make noise. “

I dint think volcanoes have musical skills or somehow get it wrong, or a simple human scream. Evidently to most disturbing noise for humans (most?) is a baby crying – for obvious reasons.

“not a seer, skryer, or someone with advanced intuition/psychism nor is he very "wise"” No argument there, the often used definition of 'philosophy' is not wisdom but a lover of wisdom. But I dont think philosophy can deal with for want of a better word 'reality'.

Some many think “advanced intuition/psychism ” can, fine, I wish them well. However just because I dont also think that is suitable – for me – and express that I find it odd that those who do become abusive.

The skill I would like is to see the importance of the obvious.

I mean with respect...

clemon

Post by clemon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:16 am

but are these talented noise artists better cos they're talented, etc.?

i definitely do think that the role of talent, skill, in making noise is not really artistic, not really how to make a better work of noise. more like the acquisition of speech when babbling is understood anyway
it's ok!

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 am

clemon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:16 am
but are these talented noise artists better cos they're talented, etc.?

i definitely do think that the role of talent, skill, in making noise is not really artistic, not really how to make a better work of noise. more like the acquisition of speech when babbling is understood anyway
I think its like any form of improvastion. (This is just and idea, not particularly mine - so i'm not laying any rules!) But talent can get in the way of true spontaeous improvisation. Certainly premediation is something that musicians who wish to be 'sponanteous' have to overcome.
I'm thinking here of seeing Derek Bailey on one occasion ignore his guitar and make a noise by scraping his chair. Some might think he wasnt 'talented' - i think he was.

So it some respects some noise (plase note some) maybe is closer to free jazz than to say industrial. Having been 'introduced' to such peole and work as a painting student they were far more amenable to those lacking talent who want to make music or art than my 'musician friends' - endlessly trying to play Hendrix riffs.

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:12 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:07 am
“Noise with rules is music. Which is why people who cant follow rules (incompetent) and people who do not wish to (for any or no reason) (and things which have no idea of rules – like volcanoes and TNT) can and do make noise. “
this retarded statement conlflates the genre of presented noise with the experience of hearing sound, they are not related, one is a form of communication that uses noises and the other is simply a physical action that produces sound

100% stupidity, volcanos dont make noise, they erupt which makes a sound, there are definite rules to volcano eruptions, if there are not then go ahead and make the noise of eruption right now, i will wait...

a monkey on an organ grinder still isnt "making noise" as a communication, he is just creating sound, the guy holding the leash is the noise maker
jliat wrote:
But I dont think philosophy can deal with for want of a better word 'reality'.
is that your excuse?
jliat wrote:
However just because I dont also think that is suitable – for me – and express that I find it odd that those who do become abusive.
you come here on purpose to stir shit up and then wonder why people take a shit on you?
jliat wrote:
I mean with respect...
you dont show any so you dont get any, pretty simple

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 am

take your usual lame ass hypothetical philosophical diatribes somewhere else... we have heard it before from you....
over and over and over and over and over....and you are extremely predictable as a what seems automated rule
in fact it was easy forecasting you would show up in this thread and what you would say soon as eye typed the word Jliat
black adder... your little ignoramus minion and you can both try selling your bullshit somewhere else
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

clemon

Post by clemon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 am

i'm not a minion. you've changed!
it's ok!

clemon

Post by clemon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 am

i mean whatever, you were very nice and polite when you thought you had someone else to share your anti-semitic conspiracy theories with, then had a meltdown when i challenged it, cos that's not cool, you gotta be an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist here.

no-one's closing anything down, yet :wall:
it's ok!

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:51 am
take your usual lame ass hypothetical philosophical diatribes somewhere else..
Sure will. Just wanted to correct what i thought was a misconception on your part. Obviously wrong to do so.

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:05 am

didn't change my tune... in fact made an attempt helping your pathetic comp
you wanted making some idiotic political correct spectacle of your slavish devotion to your overlords
so now you can go eat shit and die

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 am

Thanks Black Adder
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 am
Just wanted to correct what i thought
:lol: stupid people always trying to correct others, so hilarious :lol:

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 am

clemon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 am
your anti-semitic conspiracy theories
1. they arent his
2. "conspiracy theory" is a psyop term, you are either them or doing their bidding
3. you ignore facts to retain your emotional arguements, wheres that link liar?

clemon

Post by clemon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:12 am
clemon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 am
your anti-semitic conspiracy theories
1. they arent his
2. "conspiracy theory" is a psyop term, you are either them or doing their bidding
3. you ignore facts to retain your emotional arguements, wheres that link liar?
i'm sorry you had an emotion daric
it's ok!

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:40 am

Clemon,
your brain is like the four-headed man-eating haddock-fish-beast of Aberdeen...
It doesn't exist.
Your head is as empty as a unic's underpants.
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.