Noise compilation

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

WhiteWarlock

Re: Noise compilation

Post by WhiteWarlock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:21 am

one of us can run any source track you can throw at us into Granulator
or/or help supply you with some effected source
such as select you tube video or something and we do basic processing
you can mutate it further

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 am

yeah, that would be cool, makes me wonder if there is an online granulator :lol: not likely

i have been thinking about a collaboration

how about one big collab, we can call it "clusterfuck" :lol:

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

:lol:

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:23 pm

HADRON – VST and AU
OPEN SOURCE
The Hadron plugin is your ultimate granular synthesis tool. In fact it is such a complete implementation of granular synthesis we’ve renamed the technique to particle synthesis. The plugin is of course free and open source.

For your convenience, we’ve made a preset system allowing you to quickly get started making music with it. All presets have selected “expression controls” to allow creativity and flexibility, and you can morph between presets for ultimate creativity. The plugin comes with a basic set of presets, and you can buy additional preset packs to expand your sonic palette. This kind of presets is called “states” in Hadron.

Hadron can be used as a synthesizer or an audio effect. It can also seamlessly morph between different sound processing methods, so you can make the plugin gradually change from synthesizer to audio processing mode. This is all part of the state morphing system, accessible via the big 2D joystick control.

You can also use live sampling as a sound source for manipulation with Hadron, as well as audio files and live audio input.

http://www.partikkelaudio.com/

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Experimenting with this old Waveboy EPS/ASR granular effect disk using Ensoniq FX processor

Soniq Demolition Disk
Destroy audio. On purpose. Most effects try to make things sounda little better. WAVeBOY's newest effects will impose serious damage. Sound comes out twisted, mangled, or completely demolished. But in a good way.The SONIQ DEMOLITION DISK offers three drastic effect algorithms and works exclusively on the Ensoniq ASR-10 and EPS-16 PLUS.

They can be used on sounds, on sequences, on audio-in (even on the 16 PLUS) and for re-sampling. The unique and powerful transformations of granular synthesis alone make this disk a must-have for any composer of sonic landscape.

GRAIN-STORM (GRANULAR SYNTHESIZER) this algorithm chops an incoming sound into short segments and sprays thousands of droplets across the frequency, time, and stereo spectrum. A simple incoming voice, sound or rhythm turns into a huge swirling cloud of sound grains. Controls allow you to set and modulate the grainsize, pitch center, and spread of the random pitches. Fun to play with too.
Does that meet the requirements?

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Thank you for your detailed input once again WW.
GRAIN-STORM (GRANULAR SYNTHESIZER) this algorithm chops an incoming sound into short segments and sprays thousands of droplets across the frequency, time, and stereo spectrum. A simple incoming voice, sound or rhythm turns into a huge swirling cloud of sound grains. Controls allow you to set and modulate the grainsize, pitch center, and spread of the random pitches. Fun to play with too.
TOP sales pitch description! :eek:

Edit
I downloaded the Hadron vst, will have a play cheers
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:02 am

how you use VST without any host software. What's free that you could use a VST in? When I google this there's tons of results and software but I have no idea what to trust. Someone give me a link, I'll granulize the shit out of something and turn it in... and hopefully it's worth hearing.

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:05 am

What OS are you using & 32 or 64 bit???
you could always use Audacity...
it supports VST
yet personally no expert with that open source audio editor/multitrack
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

melkobukva

Post by melkobukva » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:08 am

DonaldKrump wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:02 am
how you use VST without any host software. What's free that you could use a VST in? When I google this there's tons of results and software but I have no idea what to trust. Someone give me a link, I'll granulize the shit out of something and turn it in... and hopefully it's worth hearing.
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm - probably the simplest and most well known
http://www.image-line.com/documents/new ... 1391136116 - personally used this one, it's OK
or you could get a Reaper demo

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am

Reaper is not demo per se, it is fully functional, you just have to wait a little on startup.
Reaper is great, I recommend.