Calling it quits

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

melkobukva

Re: Calling it quits

Post by melkobukva » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:34 pm

for a gig inside the giant muskie's head, I'll not only play polkanoise, but will do that wearing a fucking beer maid costume

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Heino Rules!
His life has been Uber Ficked Oben
very strange life story
How many times do you think he wanted calling it quits?
trapped in the world of "Schlager"
seriously needed that inspiration right now
"think outside the box"
Never Surrender

jliat

Post by jliat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:05 pm
LOL that would be kinda dope. Thing is, I do have a friend in 10564, though without getting into too much speculation about her private life, I think she has too much on her plate at the moment. I'd also like to think I'm on good term with a few other artists in Madison and Milwaukee, even if the former is pretty dead, but that's not really the point: I just don't enjoy this anymore, at least the editing part of it. I don't have anything 'better to do, which is part of the problem; I've been searching for things that stimulate me, preferably social activities, for years now with lukewarm success. Noise is basically a conversation piece for me on a practical level. In private, it just drags me down and makes me feel like a sedentary piece of shit.

There is a big difference between a hobby and an obsession. The former is harmless and probably good for one, the latter is certainly neither harmless or good. But you cant get the 'stuff' that an obsession gives from a hobby which you can walk away from.

And why would you want an obsession anyway. Because its cool?

“I've been searching for things that stimulate me, preferably social activities, for years now with lukewarm success. Noise is basically a conversation piece for me on a practical level. In private, it just drags me down and makes me feel like a sedentary piece of shit.”

Which pretty much answers your problem. Get into something, a hobby, where you will meet people who want to make friends... book reading clubs and the like.. hiking.. Trance …

You obviously give a fuck, which is the first thing to ditch if you have an obsession.

As Laura would tell you, us, the world....

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:51 pm

You obviously give a fuck, which is the first thing to ditch if you have an obsession.

As Laura would tell you, us, the world....
:lol: :lol: Okay....sure.

But, as far as dude is concerned: If you feel the need to step away from it. Then, do that. Maybe you will get back into it at some point in the future. Or, you will just move on. You do you.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am

Fuck it. Take up painting and fuck off.