wth with Noise and Politic.

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

Juboo

wth with Noise and Politic.

Post by Juboo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:26 am

where i live there is this one noise act that play political HNW. I personally never get that dude. how the fuck do you spread anarchism and antifacist ideology in HNW. seriously do not get him. then again, each man to his own. i myself am a pretentious cunt so who i am to judge. We even had a split (on cassette) together last year. :mrgreen:

I was invited into joining Harsh Noise Movement / HNM Records FB group. So i join in. One day the admin talk about some shit about 'we at HNW Record are apolitical but we do not tolerate racism bs' in their post... I forget the context of the post,.. racist black metal genre of some sort. me being who i am give my comment on it, something about them claiming themselves as apolitical but being a bitch with racism issue. it was not a harsh comment at all. I try to be as nicest as i could. before i know it i had been removed from that FB group (not like i even care about it).

So my question is.. What is your opinion about people using HNW to spread 'message'. Can we really spread 'message' through Harsh Noise. Merzbow with his animal right and HNM Records with their 'Noise against Racism' slogan. Is it pathetic or is it cool. Some of you might be friend with HNM guy so i'm sorry in advanced for bringing this bulllshit issue on the table but i am really curious by it. :chin:
insecure PRETENTIOUS FUK that made noise to hide from the fact that he can't play instrument.
https://sarjenpeppersillogicalnoiseclub ... dcamp.com/
https://wanpointtwomilligram.wordpress.com/

WhiteWarlock

Re: wth with Noise and Politic.

Post by WhiteWarlock » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:52 am

That is totally subversive political agenda
dictating what is socially acceptable
or face being osctracized
rampant in all facets of "normal" society
attacking(deconstructing) any type of real resistance for the "status quo"
they are exploiting it for creating "transnoise" Politically Correct marxist movement
the biggest irony is their recordings will never be slightly worth as much as "DeathKey"
they aren't really "harsh" & absolutely not "EXTREME"
they are operating with full consent of silicon valley
plus they aren't really "anarchos"(without head)
they are communists sucking up to the current social global elite agenda
same as Emma Goldman
that era of "Anarchists" actually had another "typical" subversive agenda
do research on "Haymarket Square" & the assassination of William McKinley
William McKinley defended the classical gold standard & severely opposed Rothschild central banking system
Leon Czolgosz shot McKinley for "Goldman"
see the concept of challenging everything you think you Gno
expect heavy persecution for realizing what is true
NON SERVIUM

btw the wikipedia page for that latin phrase is somewhat incorrect
why is that?
Sparticus maybe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_serviam
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 pm

I really HATE politics in noise :eew:

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Political statements / endorsements in any form of music turn me right off.

I have not seen too much in noise.

When musicians I follow through social media post any sort of political shit it quite often ends in an unfollow.
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

melkobukva

Post by melkobukva » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:07 pm

Mostly, it's the other way around. Political bands service the audiences that already hold the corresponding political views rather than procure new converts.

Although there are exceptions. If somebody is really into the music and holds no strong views, he might get influenced by the artist. I've seen apolitical people who really liked hardcore becoming antifa. And apolitical people who simply enjoyed neofolk becoming rightwingers. And nice friendly fellows who came to black metal for just the tunes becoming bat shit insane satanic occultists (ritual murders, suicides and all, the real deal).

Usually happens in the formative years.

However, noise is probably the worst vehicle for this. The audience is super tiny, and everyone is already extremely opinionated.

As for the personal attitude... Well, I kind of dig Boyd Rice. And Genocide Organ. And I don't really dig the "let's all be apolitical, not really standing for anything, completely neutral, comfy ironic artistes with highbrow concepts, who don't upset anyone" mentality. If you produce ear-damaging distorted screeching and call it music, you're already an asshole. Might as well go the whole way.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:59 am

Juboo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:26 am
So my question is.. What is your opinion about people using HNW to spread 'message'. Can we really spread 'message' through Harsh Noise. Merzbow with his animal right and HNM Records with their 'Noise against Racism' slogan. Is it pathetic or is it cool. Some of you might be friend with HNM guy so i'm sorry in advanced for bringing this bulllshit issue on the table but i am really curious by it. :chin:
Yes you can use noise to spread a message. But the message cant be in the noise. Within music there are 'linguistic' tropes, a minor key is 'Sad', you have formal devices using scales, anticipation, a sense of resolution which you will find in music. Which is where skill, creativity imagination and knowledge etc. will be useful in 'getting the message across'. Of course like any language the listener needs to know the same language, but once known communication via the language can take place. As you can read this.

But noise is (simplistically) random fghjk dcnjnjnj dcnjjnjh7rhbjkjnnn cdsakjahdckjashl nnnsjkskk you may find a message in that, but none was deliberately placed.

There is a good example - those cats which are in shops which wave their paws, in the west it means 'good bye', whereas in the east it means 'come in'... but we have learnt this so now we know the cat message...

So people can use noise to get attention and then spread a message, which is fine, but misses the point that noise in itself has no message.
Now why is that significant. Well it might be that the Universe has no message, if so noise not music is a better 'picture' of reality. :doh:

From a noise point of view (noise qua noise) Beethoven's 9th was as good as his farts.... or as bad....

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 am

1. What Maneki Neko Means
A Maneki Neko, aka a Lucky Cat or Fortune Cat.

A Maneki Neko is also known as a Lucky Cat or Fortune Cat.

Fortune Cat is known as Maneki Neko in Japanese, which means “beckoning cat.” The cat has its paw raised as if it’s waving in good fortune for its owners. Other common monikers include Lucky Cat, Money Cat and Welcoming Cat.
2. The Legends Behind This Lucky Cat

No one can quite agree as to how the first Maneki Neko came to be. However, most will agree that Lucky Cats first appeared during the Edo period in Japan (17th century to mid-19th century).

There are a couple of popular legends about the origins of the Lucky Cat. The first tells of a wealthy man who took shelter from a rainstorm under a tree next to a temple. He noticed a cat that seemed to be beckoning to him, so he followed it inside the temple. Shortly thereafter, lightning struck the tree he had been standing under. Because the cat had saved his life, the man was so grateful, he became a benefactor of the temple and brought it much prosperity. When he passed away, a statue of the cat was made in is honor.

Another common legend is a really peculiar one. A geisha had a pet cat that she adored. One day, it was tugging at her kimono and the owner of the brothel thought the cat was possessed, so he sliced off its head with a sword. (Yeah, gruesome! No cats were harmed in the writing of this article.)

The flying cat head landed on a snake about to strike and the fangs killed the snake and saved the woman. The geisha was so distraught by the loss of her cat that one of her customers made a statue of the cat to cheer her up.
3. The Significance of the Maneki Neko’s Raised Paw

There’s actually a meaning behind which paw the cat is holding up. If it’s the left paw, this is supposed to attract customers. If the right paw is raised, this invites good fortune and money.

They both sound pretty good to me, which is why sometimes you can find a Fortune Cat with both of its paws in the air. Two paws up can also represent protection.
4. The Symbolism Behind This Lucky Cat’s Colors
A Maneki Neko, or lucky cat, surrounded by money.

Different types of Maneki Neko, or Lucky Cats, beckon for different things. Photography by Olaf Speier / Shutterstock.

While you’ll most commonly see a white Maneki Neko with orange and black spots, there are quite a few color variations and they each have a special meaning.

Calico: Traditional color combination, considered to be the luckiest

White: Happiness, purity, and positive things to come

Gold: Wealth and prosperity

Black: Wards off evil spirits

Red: Success in love and relationships

Green: Good health
5. The Meaning Behind What the Maneki Neko Is Wearing and Holding

Maneki Neko is a finely dressed cat usually adorned with a bib, collar and bell. In the Edo period, it was common for wealthy people to dress their pet cats this way; a bell was tied to the collar so that owners could keep track of their cats’ whereabouts.

Fortune Cat figurines often holding other things in their paws. These include:

A koban worth one ryo: This is a Japanese coin from the Edo period; a ryo was considered to be quite the fortune back then.

The magic money mallet: If you see a small hammer, this represents wealth. When shaken, the mallet is supposed to attract wealth.

A fish, most likely a carp: The fish is symbolic of abundance and good fortune.

A marble or gem: This is another money magnet. Some people believe it’s a crystal ball and represents wisdom.

Lucky Cats can also be found holding gourds, prayer tablets, daikon radishes and ingots. These items also represent wealth and good luck.

Regardless of the name, legend, raised paw, color, or item in its paw, you basically can’t go wrong with a Fortune Cat perched by your side.

Ours is solar powered
extremely symbolic as "usual"
directly from the living family members of "Tokyo Rose" Iva Toguri
first met her long long long time ago
we were "friendly" with her family in Chicago
well aware of history
respekt
Belmont
across the street from "Punkin Dunkin"
so
does that make my Maneki Neko spiritual, political or both?

Believe it or Not?

Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 am

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:56 am

how long have eye owned that 7"?
plus most of the other Crass singles
still one of my all time favorites
what "genre" would you classify that
was always exceptionally influential for me since the very first time
wanna be "anarcho" communists attack me
beyond ironic into the realms of complete absurdity
get along fabulously with most old school "anarchos" fabulously
why is that?
we can have a beer & openly communicate even if we may not agree
the new generations are not "anarcho tribalists"
Challenge everything you think you Gno...
otherwise you are just merely assuming
society has gone extinction level event insane
it hasn't been very "sane"
in the western world
since maybe at least the end of "the viking age"
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:56 am

in the western world
I'm more of the opinion it was argiculture that was the bad move.....

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am

Is "Knife Ladder" NOISE?
is it "political"?
what is it?
besides being multi axial 7"

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 am
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:56 am

in the western world
I'm more of the opinion it was argiculture that was the bad move.....
Industrial Agriculture has become poison
especially the wheat
Desiccation for easier harvests
yet this should be obvious by now
greed plus way more sinister reasons are the fault
https://quatr.us/west-asia/history-wheat-west-asia.htm
https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com ... ust-wheat/
"organic" food is also not "safe" especially from other countries
wise finding local source such as amish community for produce & seeds
BTW there are some "strange theories" regarding the origins of agricultural wheat
yet this is all off the main topic
or is it?