Quaker Folk / HARSHEST PIETY

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

QuakerFolk

Quaker Folk / HARSHEST PIETY

Post by QuakerFolk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Rather new to the "noise" game.

After years of playing in hardcore punk & death metal bands I finally gave in and started working on no input / experimental noise music by myself. I've been fascinated by gospel and folk music of Appalachia / the Southeastern United States for years. So I decided to start incorporating that into my no input mixing.

My first release, entitled "HARSHEST PIETY", was released in March and going out in the Southeast this summer. Listen to "HARSHEST PIETY" at http://quakerfolk.bandcamp.com - Let me know what you think.

Tour dates are as followed. More details to be announced.

05/18/2018 - Austin, TX @ House Show (PM me for details)
05/20/2018 - San Antonio, TX @ The Void w/ Oozer, Echo Curse x Black Magic Cyborg, Porridge Fist, Brian Slaughter
05/21/2018 - New Orleans, LA @ Poor Boys w/ HAWN, & Proud/Father
05/22/2018 - Cleveland, MS @ W210 Labs
05/23/2018 - Day Off
05/24/2018 - Memphis, TN @ Hi Tone w/ Barren Heir, Onus
05/25/2018 - Little Rock, AR @ Ike's House w/ HumanMilk

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by QuakerFolk on Sat May 12, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

s.p.i.n.

Re: Quaker Folk / HARSHEST PIETY

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 am

QuakerFolk wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm
Let me know what you think

QuakerFolk

Post by QuakerFolk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:08 am

s.p.i.n. wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 am
QuakerFolk wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm
Let me know what you think

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Hell yeah, my dude.

QuakerFolk

Post by QuakerFolk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 pm

¼ dead wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:52 pm
Hell yeah, my dude.
THIS IS THE JAM

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:17 pm

I did the lazy asshole thing and asked on FB if anyone in Huntsville/Birmingham could host a show, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Most of my Huntsville friends live in Birmingham now, and Birmingham's probably your best bet for finding a "real" gig.

How do you feel about busking gigs? I have no idea what my work schedule's like so far ahead to say what I'm doing on the projected Huntsville/B'ham date, or where a good spot to busk in Huntsville would be on that date, but I could give you gas money if you wanted to do an impromptu gig somewhere in Huntsville, assuming I can't work anything else out.

I'm willing to scout out locations. I live really close to some backwoods areas right outside of south Huntsville, but I doubt I could get anyone I know to come out for an acoustic/battery-op noise show in meth country.

Also, if you can stomach the stench (I have 13 foster/"unadopatable" cats, and my whole house reeks of stale urine. I'm not joking at all), maybe you can even crash here at my mom's house. We can listen to music and watch laserdiscs in my room. Otherwise, the Walmart parking lot close to my house is cool with people sleeping in their cars overnight.

QuakerFolk

Post by QuakerFolk » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 pm

¼ dead wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:17 pm
I did the lazy asshole thing and asked on FB if anyone in Huntsville/Birmingham could host a show, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Most of my Huntsville friends live in Birmingham now, and Birmingham's probably your best bet for finding a "real" gig.

How do you feel about busking gigs? I have no idea what my work schedule's like so far ahead to say what I'm doing on the projected Huntsville/B'ham date, or where a good spot to busk in Huntsville would be on that date, but I could give you gas money if you wanted to do an impromptu gig somewhere in Huntsville, assuming I can't work anything else out.

I'm willing to scout out locations. I live really close to some backwoods areas right outside of south Huntsville, but I doubt I could get anyone I know to come out for an acoustic/battery-op noise show in meth country.

Also, if you can stomach the stench (I have 13 foster/"unadopatable" cats, and my whole house reeks of stale urine. I'm not joking at all), maybe you can even crash here at my mom's house. We can listen to music and watch laserdiscs in my room. Otherwise, the Walmart parking lot close to my house is cool with people sleeping in their cars overnight.
Booking a noise tour in the SE is pretty ridiculous overall, but I've had the hardest time with Alabama. I heard that Birmingham would be a better bet as far as turn out, but I haven't had any luck with my contacts. Honestly I wanted an excuse to go to Huntsville so I could visit Straight To Ale (I used to live in Nashville and made day trips frequently just for the beer.) It is a Wednesday night and Maggie Meyers Irish Pub said I could set up merchandise and perform their open mic night, but I would only be allowed a 15 minute set. BUT regardless I would be open to anything at this point.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

I haven't had the opportunity to do so, but I'm pretty sure one of my co-workers attends UAH. I've been meaning to ask her is she knows of any clubs, orgs, cafes, whatever on campus that'd be open to hosting a noise/"experimental music" gig.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to ask her soon. I'll let you know.