My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13320
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by xdugef » Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am

jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
I don't think the QM thing is quite the same.
I think it is basically the same thing.
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
In QM the observation physically changes the thing observed, in someone liking a noise that others don't, doesn't change physically the noise. .
The Observer effect theory doesn't say that the change is permanent.. only that the results of the measurements are effected by being measured.
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
But you can use science, SNR and information theory describes noise, as do engineers in circuit design.
All of which would invalidate noise recordings as being "noise" since it's being made on purpose... the noise is the signal.

What if the thing in question is perception?
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/na ... kYCpRke9K/

My wife made an interesting observation recently which is that unlike most music "noise" never causes an ear worm.. there's no catchy jingle. Still how many times have you seen somebody bobbing their head to some imaginary beat in noise that only they can hear. Perhaps the reason why some like meaningless noise may be because like the Yanny/Laurel recording their brain is filling in the blanks in a pleasing way.
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
It's not that noise is unwanted in itself, its that it destroys the wanted signal. IMO of course.
Like I said if you want it then it's not noise. If you record noise because you want to.. then the end result is not noise. If your communication is intended to be "noise" then it is not "noise".

If you fail on purpose then you have succeeded in your goal so it's not really failure.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
I don't think the QM thing is quite the same.
I think it is basically the same thing.
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
In QM the observation physically changes the thing observed, in someone liking a noise that others don't, doesn't change physically the noise. .
The Observer effect theory doesn't say that the change is permanent.. only that the results of the measurements are effected by being measured.
It does change. Famously the cat is alive and dead until observed. At the point of observation it becomes one or the other. In the case of it being dead, fairly permanent. If QM was just about different opinions it wouldn't seem so radically counter logical, which it actually is. So
in QM a particle can be in two places at once...etc.
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
But you can use science, SNR and information theory describes noise, as do engineers in circuit design.
All of which would invalidate noise recordings as being "noise" since it's being made on purpose... the noise is the signal.
Only if we accept your definition. I happen not to. Noise often is made for a purpose, radio jamming, use of 'mirror' to create noise, smoke screens, zerbras and herd animals use noise to confuse predators. I also don't think the idea of liking something makes it music, and not liking it makes it noise. There is lots of music I don't particularly like, but is still I think its music. Trad Jazz for instance. Oh and Barber shop quartets. As for art i'm not keen on surrealism, but I still think its valid and significant art.
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am
What if the thing in question is perception?
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/na ... kYCpRke9K/

My wife made an interesting observation recently which is that unlike most music "noise" never causes an ear worm.. there's no catchy jingle. Still how many times have you seen somebody bobbing their head to some imaginary beat in noise that only they can only hear. Perhaps the reason why some like meaningless noise may be because like the Yanny/Laurel recording their brain is filling in the blanks in a pleasing way.
Maybe - but I actually don't like some noise. Vomir leaves me quite cold, but I think its very significant. And i mean you cant 'like' 4" 33"
for the sound and quite allot of 'modern music' is without any beat..
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
It's not that noise is unwanted in itself, its that it destroys the wanted signal. IMO of course.
Like I said if you want it then it's not noise. If you record noise because you want to.. then the end result is not noise. If your communication is intended to be "noise" then it is not "noise".

If you fail on purpose then you have succeeded in your goal so it's not really failure.
And as i said you can make noise deliberately, people and animals do this. The noise prevents communication. We have had this difference before. So how is it everyone here uses the term noise for what you think isnt? Why if you think noise cant be deliberate have you deliberately made a noisewiki. By your definition an impossibility...?

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

Image
Your cats fucking dead.... Quantum Physics... that was high speed/frequency oscillation pattern... DOH!
yet don't feel bad
"We all have our Quarks"

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 am

Deliberate noise - as noise has uses - here white noise.
Music
White noise is commonly used in the production of electronic music, usually either directly or as an input for a filter to create other types of noise signal. It is used extensively in audio synthesis, typically to recreate percussive instruments such as cymbals or snare drums which have high noise content in their frequency domain. A simple example of white noise is a nonexistent radio station (static).

Electronics engineering
White noise is also used to obtain the impulse response of an electrical circuit, in particular of amplifiers and other audio equipment. It is not used for testing loudspeakers as its spectrum contains too great an amount of high frequency content. Pink noise, which differs from white noise in that it has equal energy in each octave, is used for testing transducers such as loudspeakers and microphones.

Acoustics
To set up the equalization for a concert or other performance in a venue, a short burst of white or pink noise is sent through the PA system and monitored from various points in the venue so that the engineer can tell if the acoustics of the building naturally boost or cut any frequencies. The engineer can then adjust the overall equalization to ensure a balanced mix.

Computing
White noise is used as the basis of some random number generators. For example, Random.org uses a system of atmospheric antennae to generate random digit patterns from white noise.

Tinnitus treatment
White noise is a common synthetic noise source used for sound masking by a tinnitus masker. White noise machines and other white noise sources are sold as privacy enhancers and sleep aids and to mask tinnitus. Alternatively, the use of an FM radio tuned to unused frequencies ("static") is a simpler and more cost-effective source of white noise. However, white noise generated from a common commercial radio receiver tuned to an unused frequency is extremely vulnerable to being contaminated with spurious signals, such as adjacent radio stations, harmonics from non-adjacent radio stations, electrical equipment in the vicinity of the receiving antenna causing interference, or even atmospheric events such as solar flares and especially lightning.

Work environment
The effects of white noise upon cognitive function are mixed. Recently, a small study found that white noise background stimulation improves cognitive functioning among secondary students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), while decreasing performance of non-ADHD students. Other work indicates it is effective in improving the mood and performance of workers by masking background office noise,but decreases cognitive performance in complex card sorting tasks.
Similarly, an experiment was carried out on sixty six healthy participants to observe the benefits of using white noise in a learning environment. The experiment involved the participants identifying different images whilst having different sounds in the background. Overall the experiment showed that white noise does in fact have benefits in relation to learning. The experiments showed that white noise improved the participant's learning abilities and their recognition memory slightly.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 pm



Cosmic "NOISE" is far greater magnitude influence for me personally
than any human noise "artiste"
audible "noise" you hear in electronics circuits/noise generators is amplified solar radio frequency
Solar radio frequency aka analog "White Noise"... "The Sounds of Sol/Soul"
if you listen for nasa recording of sounds from outer space
they sound like Synthesis... because they are... the entire cosmos is a Synthesizer
some of us intuitively comprehend this for some strange reason
others do not
for me it's "spiritual" in multiple ways
yet do not expect others comprehending or feeling the same
since they are lower vibrational entities caught up in mayas illusion of Materialism
yet maybe someday they will have that "NOISE" epiphany:P
if not in this lifetime them maybe they will experience it in future incarnation
NOISE is far greater magnitude celestial phenomena experience
than this tiny tyrannical minuscule wanna be geocentric blue green spec of dust in the cosmos
we must transcend the mundane intentionally devolving ignorant pop control methods
the keys are purposely hidden from the masses
yet the wise can read between the lies and cut through for what is true
Ohm Vajra Pani Hum Phet
Thanno Garuda Prachodayat
Ohm Kalki Namaha


User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13320
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by xdugef » Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 pm

jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 am
Deliberate noise - as noise has uses - here white noise.
Captain obvious says "deliberate noise is deliberate"

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13320
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by xdugef » Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm

jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am
It does change. Famously the cat is alive and dead until observed. At the point of observation it becomes one or the other. In the case of it being dead, fairly permanent. If QM was just about different opinions it wouldn't seem so radically counter logical, which it actually is. So
in QM a particle can be in two places at once...etc.
It's a good thing you are not a veterinarian otherwise all your patients would end up dead in a box.

QM may not be simply a matter of opinion but perceptions effect opinions and QM effects our perceptions.. ergo

If you make "noise" on purpose then it is not noise.
jliat wrote: Only if we accept your definition. I happen not to. Noise often is made for a purpose, radio jamming, use of 'mirror' to create noise, smoke screens, zerbras and herd animals use noise to confuse predators.
Right and therefore noise is a signal used as a tool for a purpose to confuse.. So if you can't answer a riddle does that make it a noise.. no it does not. You misspelled Zebras.. whether it was intentional or not I still understood that you meant the word Zebras.
jliat wrote: I also don't think the idea of liking something makes it music, and not liking it makes it noise. There is lots of music I don't particularly like, but is still I think its music. Trad Jazz for instance. Oh and Barber shop quartets. As for art i'm not keen on surrealism, but I still think its valid and significant art.
Who said anything about liking something being the difference between music and noise? I'm talking about intent.
jliat wrote: And i mean you cant 'like' 4" 33" for the sound
You like it for the intent.
jliat wrote: And as i said you can make noise deliberately, people and animals do this. The noise prevents communication.
This is a dubious assertion. In technical terms much can be communicated despite a horrendous amount of noise. But if you want to be a purist about it then any degradation in signal is a total loss in communication.
jliat wrote:So how is it everyone here uses the term noise for what you think isnt? Why if you think noise cant be deliberate have you deliberately made a noisewiki. By your definition an impossibility...?
Because it is being used as a colloquial term. Did you think that Rock for example is music made with rocks? Noise is slang whose meaning evolves and changes. Yet if you actually believed that I was somehow beholden to some strict definition of the word noise that there would be no way to have a "noisewiki" because it would be impossible to communicate such a thing. This is why signal jamming is not called noise and for that matter you don't need "noise" to jam a signal.. you just need a signal louder than one you are trying to jam.. it could be polka music. Likewise camouflage is about masking or creating an illusion that blends in to the background otherwise if you walked around blurred out with tv static you'd probably stick out like a sore thumb. Your appearance may be obscured but the observer would still know that there was something there. In the animal kingdom many creatures try to make themselves look like something .. they are communicating some specific that dissuades their predators... that is not noise.

For the person intentionally creating noise for entertainment or whatever reason it is we do it.. the listener can and will fill in their own blanks using whatever clues have been left for them. If you really want to do noise.. then cut the phone lines or broadcast very strong cell phone signals and risk the ire of the FCC. Or any other thing that actually prevents communication where a specific type of communication was expected.

But I'm afraid to say that intentionally recording, buying, trading and listening to noise diffuses the notion that there isn't some sort of communication happening as it would be hard to conduct all that social activity without it.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Image
if we sit around debating fucking academia physics farce of quantum mechanics
nothing will get accomplished
Obviously
your cat is fucking dead and not coming back in that form
unless you are herman munster & this is pet cemetary
Schrodinger's Cat QM is all speculative hypothesis debate rhetoric
based on high frequency oscillation pattern
that appears being 2 places at once for the untrained observer
you can't figure that out?
What is Talmudic debate?
thought experiment paradox?
How is it applicable for the entire QM hypothesis?
More importantly is why
guess that's a wee little advanced for you
next...
How to kill a Gorn in the Arena...
the pure computational power required for Schrodinger's QM would crash the entire fucking machine in nano seconds
it's already stressed out enough just running in basic mode
with some interdimensional features
this isn't a star trek episode
and eye don't wear fucking bloody red shirt uniforms
all the master debate
can be summarized in four letters
GNDN

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Mon May 28, 2018 11:47 pm

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 pm
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 am
Deliberate noise - as noise has uses - here white noise.
Captain obvious says "deliberate noise is deliberate"
Meanwhile General Contradiction says that deliberate noise isnt noise and has a noisewiki...

Deliberate noise is deliberate.................noise. White noise (NOISE) can be produced accidentally or deliberate, no one except the General starts calling it white music. (racist!)

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Tue May 29, 2018 12:53 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am
It does change. Famously the cat is alive and dead until observed. At the point of observation it becomes one or the other. In the case of it being dead, fairly permanent. If QM was just about different opinions it wouldn't seem so radically counter logical, which it actually is. So
in QM a particle can be in two places at once...etc.
It's a good thing you are not a veterinarian otherwise all your patients would end up dead in a box.
Actually I think half. Reminds me of the story in America of a Vet who was also a Taxidermist. His slogan was

"Whatever happens you get your dog back"
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
QM may not be simply a matter of opinion but perceptions effect opinions and QM effects our perceptions.. ergo
ergo people jump to wrong conclusions- like thinking everything is relative and its proven by Einstein.
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
If you make "noise" on purpose then it is not noise.
Well write to Roland, Korg, and Yamaha etc and tell them they've been labeling their synths all wrong for decades.
jliat wrote: Only if we accept your definition. I happen not to. Noise often is made for a purpose, radio jamming, use of 'mirror' to create noise, smoke screens, zerbras and herd animals use noise to confuse predators.
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Right and therefore noise is a signal used as a tool for a purpose to confuse.. So if you can't answer a riddle does that make it a noise.. no it does not. You misspelled Zebras.. whether it was intentional or not I still understood that you meant the word Zebras.
Not a signal. Hammers aren't signals, or a crabs claw. One of the aims of using noise to jam radar is not to signal where one is. By your definition one cannot make noise, or generate random numbers by throwing dice or write nonsense. jhgj hn hgdsjh bjsdj nnjsdkjqttwttw.
The intention was to communicate. Listen as you might you wont get Zebras from a Vomir track. You will get nothing or anything you like, you couldn't even say it was his intentional noise of some recording of a natural feature. They share the same intention and content - nothing.

Your argument means that its impossible to generate random numbers... simply not true.
jliat wrote: I also don't think the idea of liking something makes it music, and not liking it makes it noise. There is lots of music I don't particularly like, but is still I think its music. Trad Jazz for instance. Oh and Barber shop quartets. As for art i'm not keen on surrealism, but I still think its valid and significant art.
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Who said anything about liking something being the difference between music and noise? I'm talking about intent.

Maybe TRVE noise is impossible since there's always some idiot who likes it ...
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm


This is a dubious assertion. In technical terms much can be communicated despite a horrendous amount of noise. But if you want to be a purist about it then any degradation in signal is a total loss in communication.
" But if you want to be a purist about it then any degradation in signal is a total loss in communication."

Of course it isn't a total loss in communication. Any system has degradation, your conclusion there is no communication. A cheap transistor radio is as good as the most expensive Hi Fi. Even the term Hi Fi should be a clue. Higher (though not perfect) Fidelity to the original signal. No one sitting in an audience will hear the same music, a total loss, I don't think so.

If the communication is being jammed by deliberate noise you really shouldn't say a "horrendous amount of noise." An it could be the case that the source of the noise was not known... so it would in your case, might be noise or not. Humans - you say- cannot successfully intend to make noise. Yet they can produce sound which no one can differentiate from natural noise. Zebras in question, you cant say if the misspelling was accidental or intentional.

If you a priori define noise as only accidental, then no argument can be made to counter it. All I can do is point out your inconsistency in using the term here in application to the "music" produced.

"The goal of the noise wiki is to compile a large database of noise projects and information about noise. "
xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
jliat wrote:So how is it everyone here uses the term noise for what you think isnt? Why if you think noise cant be deliberate have you deliberately made a noisewiki. By your definition an impossibility...?
Because it is being used as a colloquial term. Did you think that Rock for example is music made with rocks?
Its shortened Rock and Roll - "The phrase "rocking and rolling" originally described the movement of a ship on the ocean,[15] but was used by the early twentieth century, both to describe the spiritual fervor of black church rituals[16] and as a sexual analogy. "

Similarly Noise music is so called because it has the characteristics of natural random noise.. failure to convey specific signifieds - it is a in effect a signified in itself. Similar to non-representation painting. One difference between a Jackson Pollock and a Turner Sunset is in the former there is not signified, unlike the latter is a sign of a signified - a sunset. The painting is a medium for communication of an object, the former it communicates nothing but itself - its painterlyness. Hence its called abstract. You could call noise abstract music.

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm
Noise is slang whose meaning evolves and changes. Yet if you actually believed that I was somehow beholden to some strict definition of the word noise that there would be no way to have a "noisewiki" because it would be impossible to communicate such a thing. This is why signal jamming is not called noise and for that matter you don't need "noise" to jam a signal.. you just need a signal louder than one you are trying to jam.. it could be polka music. Likewise camouflage is about masking or creating an illusion that blends in to the background otherwise if you walked around blurred out with tv static you'd probably stick out like a sore thumb. Your appearance may be obscured but the observer would still know that there was something there. In the animal kingdom many creatures try to make themselves look like something .. they are communicating some specific that dissuades their predators... that is not noise.
Again, because you have a a priori definition - 'Noise cant be deliberate' - which is based on a circular argument - you have to spin these ideas that camouflage is about communication to something- which of course is just plain wrong. Its about not communicating. That any degradation in a signal is a total loss. That intentional randomness is impossible... because some how an intention can alter the object. FM static is random. I switch on the radio, and hear it, then think - ah i'll listen to this to help sleep. My apperception of the noise changes, the noise in itself does not.

xdugef wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm

For the person intentionally creating noise for entertainment or whatever reason it is we do it.. the listener can and will fill in their own blanks using whatever clues have been left for them. If you really want to do noise.. then cut the phone lines or broadcast very strong cell phone signals and risk the ire of the FCC. Or any other thing that actually prevents communication where a specific type of communication was expected.

But I'm afraid to say that intentionally recording, buying, trading and listening to noise diffuses the notion that there isn't some sort of communication happening as it would be hard to conduct all that social activity without it.
There maybe commuication going on - but it is not 'in the noise'. But it its contexts.

"RANDOM.ORG offers true random numbers to anyone on the Internet. "

But they dont because in your terms they are engaged in social activity which requires non random communication. And f i use some of their stuff and make a .WAV it no longer is random numbers. Commuication works by significant difference, if the difference is insignificant, no matter how creared its noise. Randomness.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Tue May 29, 2018 1:09 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:17 pm

if we sit around debating fucking academia physics farce of quantum mechanics
nothing will get accomplished
Please speak for yourself and not others. You don't have to sit around, I might want to,
you might think something is to be accomplished, I don't. So go and do it?
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Obviously
your cat is fucking dead and not coming back in that form
unless you are herman munster & this is pet cemetary
Schrodinger's Cat QM is all speculative hypothesis debate rhetoric
based on high frequency oscillation pattern
that appears being 2 places at once for the untrained observer
you can't figure that out?
Your take, not mine. I go with the idea of it showing the paradoxical nature of QM. The electrons can be in two places at once,
and its nothing to do with untrained observation, its a property of QM. Properties which are 'real' and used in many modern devices.

"Quantum tunnelling or tunneling (see spelling differences) is the quantum mechanical phenomenon where a particle tunnels through a barrier that it classically cannot surmount. This plays an essential role in several physical phenomena, such as the nuclear fusion that occurs in main sequence stars like the Sun.[1] It has important applications to modern devices such as the tunnel diode,[2] quantum computing, and the scanning tunnelling microscope. The effect was predicted in the early 20th century and its acceptance as a general physical phenomenon came mid-century.[3]"
WhiteWarlock wrote: What is Talmudic debate?
thought experiment paradox?
How is it applicable for the entire QM hypothesis?
More importantly is why
guess that's a wee little advanced for you
Far too advanced. And for me this sort of stuff

"for me it's "spiritual" in multiple ways
Ohm Vajra Pani Hum Phet"


Are OK in films like Dr Strange - which I enjoy, but relicts of religions which are comfortingly anthropomorphic. But that's
just my take, If you want to think you are closer to Nirvana or whatever than I - great!
WhiteWarlock wrote: next...
How to kill a Gorn in the Arena...
the pure computational power required for Schrodinger's QM would crash the entire fucking machine in nano seconds
it's already stressed out enough just running in basic mode
with some interdimensional features
this isn't a star trek episode
and eye don't wear fucking bloody red shirt uniforms
all the master debate
can be summarized in four letters
GNDN
I can make little sense out of that. Sorry. Too advanced.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2483
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by jliat » Tue May 29, 2018 2:08 am

xdugef wrote: For the person intentionally creating noise for entertainment or whatever reason it is we do it..
I think the reasons are important, as do or did certain originators of the genre. That is they specifically didn't want to make music or use skill. They did not want to communicate. That there were others who saw noise as some anti-art, anti-capitalist, or neo-power electronics expressing their angst is not in question. However in the case of noise it cannot communicate in itself, only by being manipulated. Say by time- stretching.....!!!! Those who made noise with the intention of not communicating got it right, those who wanted to communicate with it, and most now seem to want to do this, just get it wrong. Why? Because you cant communicate anything specific using randomness. And noise is random sound, no matter who or how it is made. The challenge of that is can it be considered as music, or art. And of course it can. Not because of any vestiges of expression, but by its pure abstractness. Any other idea misses the significance of noise, and yes it is then just another musical genre. One of style and skill.
xdugef wrote: the listener can and will fill in their own blanks using whatever clues have been left for them.
If the person is leaving clues then they are acting against the abstractness of noise, with which it first appeared. Its origin was in no skill no communication. It's as wrong as trying to see horses and cats in a Jackson Pollock. And painting abstract looking paintings with hidden clues as to objects is equally missing the point of abstraction.

The point being there is no meaning to reality, and abstract art, noise music, is likewise meaningless.
xdugef wrote:
If you really want to do noise.. then cut the phone lines or broadcast very strong cell phone signals and risk the ire of the FCC. Or any other thing that actually prevents communication where a specific type of communication was expected.
Cutting phone lines isn't making noise. Or is preventing communication. Any more than abstract art is burning all the Turner sunsets. Making noise is simple and skill less. Easy. OK its no longer the case here, its use of gear and skill... but what is produced – if noise – is empty of meaning. Unless like some you believe the cosmos is some spiritual being and we are communicating with it, in which case there is no noise. If you think the cosmos was intentionally made (in your definition) intentionally made to communicate, in mine, then there is no noise.
xdugef wrote: But I'm afraid to say that intentionally recording, buying, trading and listening to noise diffuses the notion that there isn't some sort of communication happening as it would be hard to conduct all that social activity without it.
I'm afraid that seeing intentional meaning where there isn't one (or wanting to) leads to eventually seeing Jesus in the tea leaves, and that the trees are giving you secret messages from the gods.

The meaning of noise is bleak, maybe too bleak for some, for most, that there is no meaning in the world, other than our brief and pathetic attempts to make sense of it.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by WhiteWarlock » Tue May 29, 2018 2:37 am

Image
Quantum tunnelling occurs because the "physical" barrier
is actually lower vibration atomic structure(sound)
Electrons/Protons/Neutrons
that can be penetrated by "resonant" frequencies
terahertz frequencies
extreme high speed Frequencies
also carrier oscillators such as 5g spectrum millimeter wave (MMW)
which is between 30GHz and 300GHz
"Radiation"
this is directly related to the probability density of the particle's position
which describes the probability that the particle is at any given place
In the limit of large barriers
the probability of tunnelling decreases for taller and wider barriers
because they have more cohesive sonic atomic structure barrier
emitting more dense tone by area aka "thicker"
This really has very little to do with Shrodinger's "Cat" rhetoric
yet what happens when some 5g spectrum is the same resonant frequency as h20
blasting molecular atomic structure forcing it vibrating penetrating inside your physical body
plus the entire ecosystem
which is comprised of mostly water & oxygen
oxidative damage?
melatonin reduction?
disruption of cell metabolism?
disruption to brain glucose metabolism?
increased blood brain barrier permeability?
DNA single and double strand breaks?
all so humans can have higher speed wifi on their smartphones...
exploiting those frequencies for the sake of pure greed
affecting/effecting everything in transmission range
regardless of if the "observer"(test subject) is aware of it or not
pretty fucking dangerously dumb
or is it on purpose???

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by MKULTRA » Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 am

[
Last edited by MKULTRA on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13320
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: My name is Oliver Tex and I make noise

Post by xdugef » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 am

jliat wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 11:47 pm
Deliberate noise is deliberate.................noise. White noise (NOISE) can be produced accidentally or deliberate, no one except the General starts calling it white music. (racist!)
Not surprising that a bigot like yourself starts throwing around the word racism when you have been disagreed with.

When somebody makes "white noise" on purpose what communication has been prevented? As you described earlier that might be using the noise to make other sounds which clearly fall under musical standards but you treat noise as a second class citizen that is dumb deaf and blind.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests