Noise Terms

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

xdugef

Re: Noise Terms

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am

* Black:
** This is the default color of everything noise related which is kinda ironic in respect to the physics of actual noise.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 am

* Entropy:[[File:Pumpedsuitcase.jpg|thumb|150px|right|GX Jupitter Larsen: Pump-Powered Permawave]]
** When in doubt break shit. Many noisers are fascinated with decay and the slow gradual destruction of the universe. Some cite entropy as being why they like tape or vinyl because when you play them you are destroying them a little bit. Some performers like GX Jupiter Larsen try to demonstrate entropy in action by doing something repetitive which eventual causes the audience or listener to focus on the subtle variations one will find within the act of pumping air into a closed suitcase for a full hour.

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 pm

AH! air noise! I need to see this. Please tell me there's video of this faking it.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 pm

DonaldKrump wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 pm
AH! air noise! I need to see this. Please tell me there's video of this faking it.
Not that I'm aware of.. I've always heard that Sixes was guilty of mostly playing prerecorded sets but because he always filled the space with fog and used strobes no one would ever know the difference

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 pm
DonaldKrump wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 pm
Not that I'm aware of.. I've always heard that Sixes was guilty of mostly playing prerecorded sets but because he always filled the space with fog and used strobes no one would ever know the difference
I think i found something of the sort, but really can't see much, then faces. Strobe and fog confirmed though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TOtSnSdWI

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am
* Black:
** This is the default color of everything noise related which is kinda ironic in respect to the physics of actual noise.
BEHOLD!: https://blacknoisewall.bandcamp.com/releases
Most trvest noise around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of ... lack_noise

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 am

*Technoise
Noise, with beats. :D
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 am

Fletcher wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 am
*Technoise
Noise, with beats. :D
Techno is already in the list

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 am

* Zine:
** Short for magazine these are usually small D.I.Y. publications that can cover a wide range of personalized subjects. The classic zine is typical made completely using collage and a xerox copier and then folding the 8x10 pages in half and distributing the result. Noise zines often contain reviews of releases, interviews of noisers and BW college art with grim or abstract and textural themes.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am

* Short Wall:
** Much like there is are short buses there are short walls. There was an attempt to coin this term in the quest to create novel noise genres by Clemon.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am

¼ dead wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm
xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 am
* Black:
BEHOLD!: https://blacknoisewall.bandcamp.com/releases
Most trvest noise around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of ... lack_noise
Not as TRVE as VANTA BLACK! :lol:

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 am

* Contact Points: [[File:Lron_Tomato_plant.jpg|thumb|150px|right|LRon Hubbard making contact with a tomato]]
** In circuit bending contact points are used to allow the operator to use their bodies own resistance or capacitance to influence the the sounds made by the device. The electrical principles involved are similar to a lie detector and can used with anything that is conductive such as meat ([[EVIL_MOISTURE]]) or even plants like a Tomato or Marijuana.

fire

Post by fire » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 pm

xdugef wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am
* Short Wall:
** Much like there is are short buses there are short walls. There was an attempt to coin this term in the quest to create novel noise genres by Clemon.
oh crap, that reminded me of speednoise

that one really snatched his fish n chips, it did

lol
[17,963] days since last fuck given

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

fire wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 pm
xdugef wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am
* Short Wall:
oh crap, that reminded me of speednoise

that one really snatched his fish n chips, it did

lol
Apparently Clemon had a noise beef with some dude that he feels snatched his idea of "noise poetry" from him.

Besides the face that the concept of "noise poetry" was done decades ago Clemon's poetry is terrible and not at all "noise".

When I wuz in art skool .. I had this sculpture class and I don't think it was an assignment to do a board game but this one lunkhead spent the entire semester working on a board game. When he finally presented it to the class for critique we almost literally tore it apart. Besides the fact that the rules of it were incomprehensible the sculptural aspects of it that were the "art" were terrible.. it had a center piece that was in no way integrated into the game and was dumb and then for a dice cup he had cut the top off a Sapporo beer can and sloppily lined it with velvet.

The next week this other guy in the class made a variation of Scrabble were the letters were very abstract and then as you stamped the words out on the sheet it made a randomized image.. the class loved it. The other guy tried to complain that this guy had ripped off his idea to make a board game. He was so humiliated by this that he dropped out of school.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

NOISE BEEF: Shit between people in the noise scene.
"So and so don't play here cause of some old noise beef."