Noise Terms

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

¼ dead

Re: Noise Terms

Post by ¼ dead » Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Mhm, mhm. I don't think the wiki would be lacking much without coverage of these bands or the "genre" itself, apart from the more overtly noisy ones (like later Abruptum). "Black Noise", in the metal context, is a pretty nebulous neologism among metal dorks as it is. Not necessarily as a result of newness, so much as being under-developed as a genre, both conceptually and in practice.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

Yeah, I was just thinking about giving it a mention on the "black noise" description, since is something that pops up from time to time more or less in some "noise circles". There are lots of fleeting terms that only make any sense in some kind of context or to some people (more metal oriented noisers, the more academic ones, etc.) I guess.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 am
Yeah, I was just thinking about giving it a mention on the "black noise" description, since is something that pops up from time to time more or less in some "noise circles". There are lots of fleeting terms that only make any sense in some kind of context or to some people (more metal oriented noisers, the more academic ones, etc.) I guess.
Fair enough

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon May 08, 2017 9:07 am

* Black Noise:
** According to David Bowie, Black Noise is a Noise Bomb and as such it is a sound that can break glass, people or cities. [http://youtube.com/xRe4dApxWi0?t=56 David Bowie on Dick Cavet] Black Noise is also a genre of Black Metal that is extremely minimal and is mostly noise with very few if any musical elements. The genre is mostly known only on black metal forums and derided for the lack of effort. Black Noise is also a technical term for a type of noise where there is mostly silence and some noise and is sometimes associated with natural disasters.