reaching audience

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

nqmanikoi

reaching audience

Post by nqmanikoi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:16 am

I've been at this for a while now, and I feel like soundcloud isn't the place (or is it that I don't know how to use it proper) to develop my music. I need to find more people who are into this, people to work with and share with. how?

this is it https://soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi

I'm thinking of putting several live shows where I live in April. I do think that's the best course of action, but I was wandering what some of you old dogs could tell me.

thanks

xdugef

Re: reaching audience

Post by xdugef » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:19 am

nqmanikoi wrote:I've been at this for a while now, and I feel like soundcloud isn't the place (or is it that I don't know how to use it proper) to develop my music. I need to find more people who are into this, people to work with and share with. how?

this is it https://soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi

I'm thinking of putting several live shows where I live in April. I do think that's the best course of action, but I was wandering what some of you old dogs could tell me.

thanks
I guess it depends on what you are expecting to achieve through development. For some people they do noise but don't record and even share the results with their peers. Very few people making noise are able to do so fulltime and make a living off of it.

As far as social media goes the largest and most obvious place would be facebook but I know many people have issues with facebook. There are other boards besides this one.

The other course is to pursue getting reviewed.

I'll also suggest that you make an entry for yourself over at the http://noisewiki.com for what it's worth.

Putting on shows is of course a fine idea!

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:11 am

I'll make an entry at the wiki, thanks!

What I want is just to find some people to play with and share music. I think that commercial pursuits tend to hurt the quality of the music and also put more stress on the artists, seeing that sometimes I get stressed when nobody likes my tracks for a few days.

thanks for the reply

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 am

Where are you located?

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 am

Sofia, Bulgaria.

That's one of the main reason I'm worried enough about this to write. There isn't a scene for noise here. There was a label situated here http://abandonmentlabel.blogspot.bg/ which is now defunct. There's also this other label that has helped put on some shows http://amekcollective.blogspot.bg/ but since I don't use fb I don't have a way to contact them. I think of going to a gig of theirs sometime with some of my material, but I'm a little uncertain about that somehow.

I was thinking of arranging a gig at the city's art academy first and then making some guerilla shows at open park stages and other suitable locations.

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am

nqmanikoi wrote:Sofia, Bulgaria.

That's one of the main reason I'm worried enough about this to write. There isn't a scene for noise here. There was a label situated here http://abandonmentlabel.blogspot.bg/ which is now defunct. There's also this other label that has helped put on some shows http://amekcollective.blogspot.bg/ but since I don't use fb I don't have a way to contact them. I think of going to a gig of theirs sometime with some of my material, but I'm a little uncertain about that somehow.

I was thinking of arranging a gig at the city's art academy first and then making some guerilla shows at open park stages and other suitable locations.
ow, there's also a internet radio station, branch of out national radio station that deals with "punk jazz" and helps organize most of the more out-there gigs here.

Misomusist

Post by Misomusist » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:09 am

So there's help, but you need to get a FB account, just get an FB account then. Nobody forces you to use it for more than contacting musicians and stuff.

Is there a Bulgarian equivalent of gumtree/craigslist/kiiji that would help too.
I think trying to quantify music is one of the biggest wastes of time in the world, like discussing your favourite colour or deity or pizza topping. People should realise that and get on with their life.

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:32 am

Misomusist wrote:So there's help, but you need to get a FB account, just get an FB account then. Nobody forces you to use it for more than contacting musicians and stuff.

Is there a Bulgarian equivalent of gumtree/craigslist/kiiji that would help too.
well, as uncomfortable to be to say - you are right. I guess an artist's fb isn't that big of a deal. no one forces me to make drunk statuses and nice pictures.
I don't know of any equivalent platforms, but I'll look.

eftim

Post by eftim » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 pm

nqmanikoi wrote:Sofia, Bulgaria.
Maybe in mood to do some serbian gigs in future... I think novi sad and belgrade and maybe subotica are possible... Drop me email on nundata@yahoo.com...
www.nundata.blogspot.com
or ask me directly for trade nundata@yahoo.com

Kelmourne

Post by Kelmourne » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:29 pm

You can't get away with doing only one mediocre internet promotion tactic, you need to use all of them:

-Soundcloud
-Bandcamp
-Youtube
-Facebook
-Twitter
-Last.fm
-Spotify
-Metal Archives (if you are metal or black noise or something)
-NoiseGuide
-NoiseWiki
-4chan music sharing threads
-8chan music sharing threads
-420chan music sharing threads
-Musikchan

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am

If you like doing this sort of stuff, find a career in sound design/foley work/audio engineering, and finance your noise hobby that way. There is no substantial audience for this stuff. It's just a handful of obsessive dorks in cum-crusted sweatpants furiously beating off.

goingnowhereeatingthings

Post by goingnowhereeatingthings » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 am

¼ dead wrote:If you like doing this sort of stuff, find a career in sound design/foley work/audio engineering, and finance your noise hobby that way. There is no substantial audience for this stuff. It's just a handful of obsessive dorks in cum-crusted sweatpants furiously beating off.
Or buy some hens, like Merzbow.

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:39 am

goingnowhereeatingthings wrote:
¼ dead wrote:If you like doing this sort of stuff, find a career in sound design/foley work/audio engineering, and finance your noise hobby that way. There is no substantial audience for this stuff. It's just a handful of obsessive dorks in cum-crusted sweatpants furiously beating off.
Or buy some hens, like Merzbow.
I always thought he just likes them.

ablablablablabla

Post by ablablablablabla » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 am

"I dance very slowly. The entire thing takes several months, you don't really notice it"
- Bipolar Joe

untitled

Post by untitled » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm

you need a cat